I Saw You Harvard: The Must Reads

David can’t wait for the day when he can take on 3D computers.

So you saw someone cute but didn’t really feel like talking face to face (trust us, it’s way overrated). You were smitten. You don’t know his/her name and are in the mood for a little internet creepiness. For anyone who doesn't yet know of its existence, we've got good news: there’s a website that’s perfect for you.

I Saw You Harvard, which draws inspiration from Craigslist’s “Missed Connections” page, enables users to leave posts about that special someone who caught their eye. With over 22,000 posts to browse from, you’ll surely have more than enough to distract yourself from that p-set at 3 in the morning. But if you don’t have time to waste and want a recap of some of the site's classics, just check out these posts—the must reads of I Saw You Harvard. Put on some James Blunt and enjoy.

1) You’re a Jerk.

Lowell

Posted at 2013-09-20 14:11:17, F spotting M

I saw you... I like you but I don't want to because you're a jerk. Anyway, you probably don't care that I exist.

2) Berg Love:

In Annenberg Dining Hall

Posted at 2013-09-25 15:06:56, F spotting M

I saw you... Card swiping guy at the 'Berg. Oh how you handily manage those ID cards, flipping them up and deftly, smoothly, beautifully, passing them through without resistance. I wish you knew me, but I am just another face out of 1600...

3) The Struggle:

Everywhere

Posted at 2013-04-01 12:32:18, M spotting M

I saw you... attractive/interesting/nice gay guys that are interested in everyone else but me. #foreveralone

4) The Romantic:

Annenberg

Posted at 2010-04-05 21:27:15, M spotting F

I saw you... three times today. Twice in Annenberg and once in the yard in front of Widener. I know, I know. Pathetic. I know, but I will never know you. I'll never make you laugh, or show you how to eat a burrito without dropping a thing. I'll never share my stories with you or listen to yours. You, in that beautiful brown dress with the cardigan, will never get one of my hand painted easter eggs or even a cute card or two in your room. I will never surprise you in your room nor will we have inside jokes. You gave me the same blank look you give all strangers, but girl, to me, you may as well been scintillating. I will never drive in your car and blast my bad music. We will never see a sun set together. You'll never see past the black hair. I will remain a vague memory, a hidden person. I won't call myself an admirer: while you are gorgeous and have a beautiful attitude, I don't want you. Similarly, you don't want me. I just stopped to daydream for a second today and realized that we will never exchange names. Continue laughing though because when I see you smile, you make my day. Odds are you won't even see this post, and even when you do you'll attribute it to someone else. But it was me all along. To be frank, I feel stupid doing this, but I just wanted to let you know I saw you too.

5) Animal Attraction:

River

Posted at 2013-09-21 18:28:49, F spotting M

I saw you... Roommate of my wonderful boyfriend. I love my guy and am so happy with our relationship, but I can't shake this animal attraction that I feel for you. Nothing can ever come of it, but I'll continue to feel butterflies and imagine...

6) Spurned Circus Guy:

Unicycling down Shepard St.

Posted at 2013-09-17 20:43:03, F spotting M

I saw you... unicycling in the Quad. I was practicing my unicycle and I saw you ride by where the shuttle passes and turn down Shepard St. I ran after you and ran / rode all the way to the yard, and I even asked a random woman if she saw you, but you were gone. Who are you? Do you even go to Harvard?

7) Look out HUPD, you’ve got a secret admirer:

Widener, Science Center, etc.

Posted at 2011-12-14 21:03:34, M spotting F

I saw you... HUPD officers staying up all night guarding the gates. I appreciate the work you all do protecting us students. Thanks.

8) Radio Question

Posted at 2013-09-05 19:51:04, M spotting F

I saw you...does anyone know what radio station all shuttles and dhalls seem to be tuned to?

re: Radio Question

Posted at 2013-09-06 17:53:53, M spotting F

Maybe it's changed since I was a freshman, but the radio station for Annenberg is "Someone Like You."

9) Writing to Harvard:

Harvard

Posted at 2010-12-10 17:24:11, M spotting F

I saw you... Harvard, being mean to me sometimes. Yet as I sit here in the cold writing my paper I can not help but realise how badly I've fallen for you. Sure you can be stubborn and strongheaded at times, and it's ok if I fail Life Sci, it's ok if I dont get a date for the formal, it's ok if I feel alienated sometimes, cuz I know that at the end of the day, I'll see Memorial Hall tower gleaming in the moonlight, I'll see the River Houses being beautiful, I'll see John sitting eternally in his chair and I'll see myself in your eyes and realise how far I've come and how far I'm willing to go. So it's ok if you don't see me, cuz I see you, and I love you :)

Flyby Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.