Sex Week Almanac

•

You might not feel ready for Harvard Sex Week. It might seem a little strange, sorta scary, and a bit icky. To help you through this journey, we assemble some highlights.

What What in the Butt: Anal Sex 101. Alright, full disclosure: you missed this one. But you wanted to go and get to the bottom of this. You've got so many questions, don't lie to me. At least you know it happened, so you can laugh along if it's the butt of any jokes your friends are telling. But we all know they wished they were there too.

Sexual Health Career Panel. If you saw someone dressed in a giant vagina costume this week and thought, hey, that looks like something I could do, then this is the panel for you. Or if you want to add your voice to important dialogues and learn about potential internships and post-grad opportunities, I guess this is for you too. Or if you just want to dress up as the giant penis. Takes all kinds.
Wednesday, 4 p.m. Ticknor Lounge

Fifty Shades of False: Kink, Fantasy, and Fetish. Are you excited to see Fifty Shades of Grey in theaters? Well don't be. It's full of lies. How can this be, you say? I don't know, the panel isn't until Thursday. Come if you want to pretentiously judge your friends or the people who read it on the bus with a fake book jacket, but aren't fooling anyone.
Thursday, 4:30 p.m. Sever 106

Open Mic. By Thursday night you'll probably have had some defining experiences and be looking for an outlet to express them through. Or maybe you just want to snag some free food at this casual sex (week) event.
Thursday, 8 p.m. Dudley Co-op

Love at First Swipe. Ever get matched on Tindr with a cute boy/girl only to them realize it's your professor and not really know what to do about that? If so, send me an email and we can hash this out. Or we can meet on Saturday at this thing, and hopefully figure it all out by the end of the panel.
Saturday, 4:30 p.m. Sever 113

About That Elephant. You thought sex was weird, but what about elephant sex? I'm pretty sure they didn't cover that in sex ed. And if they did, please write in, we want to meet you. But for the rest of us I think this will be a really enlightening about the personal lives of our Loxodontan friends. There's a slight chance that this is a poetry duo performance, but I'm pretty sure that's a typo. Come to Sever 113 on Saturday to find out for yourself.
Saturday, 8 p.m. Sever 113

Whether you spend Sex Week giggling like a middle schooler at every reference to a private part, or learning from a host of fantastic presenters in a week of educational and thought-provoking events, I want to leave you with one thought. Get as many free condoms as humanly possible. Condoms are crazy expensive.

Gender and SexualitySexyes please

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.