Harvard Today: February 18, 2014

•

Happy Tuesday, and welcome back from the long weekend.

By Matt O. Ricotta

On this post-President’s day, survive the snow and try not to be too depressed about all you didn’t quite get to accomplish over the last few days. It all gets done in the end, right? Or at least you can keep telling yourself that...

IN THE ATMOSPHERE
Tomorrow’s forecast features a high of 37 degrees and (surprise surprise), more snow. We’re supposed to get 3-5 inches over the course of the day. How exciting. 

IN THE D-HALLS
Lunch:
Kalamata Chicken
Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce
Falafel Sandwich

Dinner:
Chicken Francais
Portobello Mushroom with Quinoa Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes

IN THE NEWS
1) UC Elects New Members...and more, from discussing the proposed honor code to the gender-neutral housing referendum.

2) Men’s Squash Wins the National Championship, defeating Trinity 9-0. This is the 31st national championship win for Harvard Men’s Squash.

EVENTS
Institute of Politics Study Groups kick off tomorrow with The Wingman in the War Room, led by Bain Capital co-founder Bob White at 4 p.m., and Navigating Employment in the Federal Service led by Liz Montoya of the Office of Personnel Management at 7 p.m.

Join the Ash Center (124 Mount Auburn) as they welcome Aruna Roy and Harsh Mander to discuss democracy in India. Harvard Kennedy School lecturer Ken Winston will moderate a dialogue on citizen’s rights and empowerment in the world’s most populous democracy.

PHOTO OF THE DAY
Members of the Undergraduate Council put sandbags at the foot of the crosswalks in Harvard Square to allow students and citizens to avoid the puddles at the curb. Thanks UC!

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.