Happy Friday! You’ve made it to the weekend! As you look back at everything that’s happened this week, try taking a tally of how many times the embarrassing things listed below have happened to you:
2) Your phone auto-correcting a really funny joke you made in a group chat
3) Slipping on unseen ice on the sidewalk and having to pretend you’re not hurt so you don’t call attention to yourself
4) Falling asleep with your mouth wide open in a large lecture class
5) Your really embarrassing ringtone going off at Lamont
6) The cute kid from section watching you fill up an entire plate with curly fries and curly fries alone
0-2: You’re basically the social king/ queen this week! We’re amazed that you’ve managed to walk around campus this gracefully all week. Congrats!
3-4: You’ve been in a healthy amount of socially awkward situations this week, but honestly, what else is new?
5-6: We’re really sorry for you. There's always next week...
IN THE ATMOSPHERE
Rejoice in the fact that we’ll have a high of 49 degrees tomorrow! Unfortunately it's not all good news as there’s also a 100% chance of rain. Does anyone even remember what sunshine feels like?!
IN THE D-HALLS
Chicken Parmesan Sub
Kakavia: Salmon and Swordfish Stew
Tofu and Broccoli with Peanut Sauce
Make Your Own Noodle Bowl
Mediterranean Chick Pea Stew
IN THE NEWS
1) Faust Says No: The much-heralded meeting between Harvard University President Drew G. Faust and Undergraduate Council President and Vice-President Gus A. Mayopoulos ‘15 and Sietse K. Goffard ‘15 resulted in President Faust displaying some reluctance to the idea that the University would directly give the UC the $250,000 they are requesting.
2) Kirkland House Tutor Seeks State Senate Seat: Third year Harvard Law School student Eric P. Lesser ‘07 announced that he will run for the Massachusetts State Senate seat for the First Hampden and Hampshire District.
3) Kappa Sigma Fraternity Re-Established on Campus: “Kappa Sigma re-established its presence on campus this month, swearing in 29 members Feb. 9, eight decades after the fraternity closed its original Harvard chapter.”
4) Hollywood at Harvard: Celebrity Doppelgangers: Check out who on our campus looks exactly like celebrities, including Drake and Dennis Quaid!
EVENTS: WEEKEND PREVIEW
Men’s Ice Hockey is going against Yale tonight at 7 p.m at 65 North Harvard Street. We all know that’s a rivalry we don’t want to miss out on! Tickets are free for Harvard College students!
Women’s Water Polo are playing a lot of matches this weekend, so try checking one of them out! On Saturday, they’re going against Wagner at 9 a.m. and Siena at 3 p.m. On Sunday, they’re up against Villanova at 10:30 a.m. and Iona at 3:30 p.m.
The Wrestling Team is up against Lehigh on Sunday at 12 p.m. The match is being held at the Lavietes Pavillion across the river.
Make sure to check out the Cultural Rhythms Festival on Saturday! There are number of events throughout the day to honor the Artist of the Year, LL Cool J, as well as to celebrate the different cultural groups on campus. Get your tickets to the afternoon show at the Harvard Box Office before they sell out.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Hopeful UC President Gus A. Mayopoulos '15 strikes a pose during the UC rally that took place yesterday. He urged students to support the UC in its endeavors to gain additional funding.