Harvard Today: February 3, 2014

Happy Monday! Not only is Shopping Week officially over, but you’re probably also regretting eating all those Doritos in one sitting last night while wondering if the Superbowl or BuzzFeed quizzes are more exciting at this point. Here are some questions we have to describe our feelings about this coming week:

How many times did we think back to Beyoncé's halftime show during Bruno Mars'?

Will yesterday’s warm weather continue or should we give up looking vaguely nice and retreat back to the parka and sweatpants outfit?

How many trips to J.P. Licks are we giving up to pay for our textbooks?

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

With a high of 35 degrees and a 30 percent chance of snow, today’s weather looks like winter as usual. Guess that groundhog was right. Here’s to another six weeks of winter at the least.

IN THE DHALLS

Lunch:
Chicken Parmesan Sub
Lemon Chive Crusted Flounder
Sweet & Sour Vegetable with Seitan

Dinner:
Shrimp Mikrolimano (if it tastes as good as its namesake city looks, we’re sold)
Vegetarian Meatloaf
Welsh Rarebit (fun fact: can alternatively be called Welsh Rabbit, but don’t worry, there’s no rabbit in it)

EVENTS

If yesterday’s festivities weren’t enough athletic excitement for one day, check out Harvard Men’s Ice Hockey vs Northeastern in the 62nd Beanpot Tournament at TD Garden at 5 p.m.

If you prefer jazz to jocks, check out the first of the Charles Eliot Norton Lectures in Sanders Theatre at 4 p.m. Legendary musician Herbie Hancock will be talking about the great Miles Davis.

Finally, um, Matt Damon is here. Well, virtually at least. He'll be skyping into a session at the IOP about the subject of his upcoming film. The panel discussion, Monuments Men: Rescuing Art from the Nazis, will take place at the John F. Kennedy Jr. Forum at the Kennedy School at 6 p.m.

INTRODUCING...

The new Crimson royalty, the new czar and tsar of Harvard Today! We're taking it over and revamping it something more accessible, funny, snarky, and definitively Flyby—we hope you enjoy the new Harvard Today!

Avni Nahar (Czar)

By Avni Nahar

Year: 2017
Dorm: Holworthy
Hometown: South Burlington, Vermont (otherwise known as the best state in the world)
Favorite guilty pleasure TV show: The Bachelorette. Don’t judge me.
Favorite dhall meal(s): Margherita pizza, Marshmallow Mateys, egg-white omelettes with veggies, cheese, and a liberal amount of salt and pepper.
What would you be doing at 1 a.m. on a Wednesday night?: Procrastinating.

Hammie Park (Tsar)

Year: 2017
Dorm: Wigglesworth
Hometown: Bayside, New York
Favorite guilty pleasure TV show: The Real Housewives of New York (I’m just representing New York, right?)
Favorite dhall escape(s): Spice (I can say without shame that I’ve ordered from them 3 days in a row once), Insomnia Cookies when I convince myself that a Triple Chocolate Chunk is a healthy meal
What would you be doing at 1 a.m. on a Wednesday night?: Thinking about breakfast.

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.