Harvard Today: March 3, 2014

ā€¢

By Tiana A Abdulmassih

Happy Monday! And happy third day of March! As you drown in midterms and papers this week, take comfort in the fact that spring break is just eleven days away.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

They say that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Tomorrowā€™s low of 4 degrees is a pretty vicious start, but itā€™s also forecasted to be the coldest day of this weekā€”so it can only get better from here.

IN THE D-HALLS

Lunch:
Chicken Parmesan Sub
Lemon Chive Crusted Flounder
Sweet and Sour Vegetables with Seitan

Dinner:
Shrimp Mikrolimano
Vegetarian Meatloaf
Welsh Rarebit

IN THE NEWS

1) Harvard Tops Columbia, Secures Share of Ivy League Championship. The menā€™s basketball team crushed Columbia 80-47 Saturday night, topping out an 11-1 record in the Ivy League, and guaranteeing them a piece of the Ivy League Championship.

2) A Year After Scandal, Task Force Recommends University-wide Privacy Policy for Electronic Information. The policy aims to clarify the ambiguity around electronic search procedures as well as alter the chain of command for these procedures.

EVENTS

Itā€™s Womenā€™s Week! Kick it off by stopping by one or both of the events today: a panel titled Can Christians be Feminists? at 4 p.m. in Ticknor Lounge, and a discussion on Coerced Abortions and Reproductive Rights in a Transnational Context in Harvard Hall 103 at 7 p.m. Check out a full schedule of events for the week here.

The John F. Kennedy Forum at the Institute of Politics is hosting a discussion on Preventing Nuclear Terrorism: Prospects for the Upcoming Summit at 6 p.m. with panelists from the Kennedy School and the National Security Council.

Join the Harvard Square Homeless Shelter Youth Housing Initiative for a screening of "No Place Like Home", a film on homeless youth in Harvard Square. The screening will begin at 8:30 p.m. in Fong Auditorium, with snacks and discussion to follow.

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Dancers perform traditional bhangra steps as part of this year's Ghungroo, an annual celebration of South Asian culture, music, and dance. This year was the show's 25th anniversary. Over 300 students participated onstage and behind the scenes.

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby Front FeatureHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.