Harvard Today: March 31, 2014

By Jennifer Y Yao

Happy Monday, Harvard! It’s always tough to come back from the weekend, so here’s a playlist of songs to help you get through the Monday blues.

1) The Bangles - Manic Monday
2) Dolly Parton - 9 to 5
3) T-Bone Walker - Call It Stormy Monday
4) The Mamas & The Papas - Monday Monday
5) New Order - Blue Monday

IN THE ATMOSPHERE
Yet more rain today, with a high of 40 and a low of 32. Break out the brightest of raincoats and Hunter boots—it’ll probably be your only way to see color all day. Can we just do Holi again?

IN THE D-HALLS
Lunch
Chicken & Nut Pesto Panini on Sundried Tomato Flatbread
Beijing Style Crispy Tofu
Spinach and Mushroom Quiche

Dinner
Cheesy Baked Chicken
Baked Rigatoni with Mozzarella
Tofu, Broccoli, and Walnut Stir Fry

ON FLYBY
Lots of stuff for our beloved Class of 2018 babies!
1) Reality Check: Harvard Life: We keep it real here on Flyby.
2) Reasons Not to Go to Harvard: As I said, we keep it real here on Flyby.
3) How to Guarantee 2018 Facebook Page Fame: Bookmark this page and follow its advice religiously. Only guaranteed way to have everyone know you the second you step on campus for Visitas. That’s what you want, right?
4) How To: Conscious Uncoupling - Apparently we're not the only ones to come up with pretentious names for things!

IN THE NEWS
1) Doubletree Boycott Launch Draws More Than 100 Workers, Advocates: The boycott is an effort to support Doubletree employees in their efforts to unionize.The hotel is located in a Harvard-owned building.
2) Students of Color Join To Further Conversation on Campus Race Relations: Student leaders from both the black and Latino communities came together for the discussion.

EVENTS
The final Norton Lecture featuring famed jazz musician Herbie Hancock is today at 4 p.m. in Sanders Theatre. The lecture is titled ‘Once Upon a Time...’ Tickets are available for free at the theatre itself starting at noon.

For those not-so-politically inclined who are always confused around election time, or the State of the Union, or last week’s cold open on SNL, or many many other times, stop by the IOP at 6 p.m. for a session called Congress 101, led by Shira Center, one of the fellows this semester.

PHOTO OF THE DAY
Students celebrate Holi, the Hindu festival of colors by throwing bags of multi-colored powder in an event organized by Dharma, Harvard’s Hindu Student Association, in the Malkin Athletic Center Quad on Saturday afternoon.

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.