You Might Want To Read This Study Before 4/20

•
A 2005 Crimson feature on recreational drugs at Harvard quips, "Marijuana use may violate federal law, but at Harvard, it’s less likely to get you in trouble than breaking a window."

By Paul M. Soper

First we had Thanksgivukkah—now “Weedster.” As most college students are probably aware, this year, Easter Sunday falls on 4/20, known to some as an unofficial day to celebrate with some, let’s say, recreational activities.

But before indulging in any sins on the most holy day of the Christian calendar, you might want to check out a recent study published in the Journal of Neuroscience. The study, released on Wednesday (how timely of them), found that even casual marijuana use, or smoking at least once a week, may lead to significant changes in the brain.

Granted, we’re guessing that it’s unlikely that these results will stop those who are so inclined from celebrating the holiday. So regardless of whatever your 4/20 or Easter plans may be, enjoy!

For those looking to celebrate the holy day, head over to Memorial Church for 8 and 11 a.m. Easter services, or enjoy a nice meal out in the Square, where many restaurants are hosting special brunches. And if you’re not planning on observing either holiday, note that the forecast calls for sun on Sunday. If that’s not reason to celebrate (enough with the overcast!), we don’t know what is.

ResearchHolidayDrugsFlyby Culture

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.