Harvard Today: April 3, 2014

By Pilar I Fitzgerald

It’s Thursday! In honor of Throwback Thursday, here are some throwbacks to some of our favorite childhood TV shows and movies:

1) #tbt to whenever Jimmy Neutron would say “Brain Blast”

2) #tbt to whenever Kevin would miraculously turn everything back to normal and then run away whenever his parents confronted him at the end of every Home Alone movie

3) #tbt to when the graphics from The Nightmare Before Christmas actually scared us a little bit but we didn’t want to admit it

4) #tbt to those times after we had a fight with our parents and were afraid we would switch bodies with them, just like Lindsay Lohan did in Freaky Friday

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It’s going to be sunny and a high of 53 degrees today! Who’s taking bets on how long this streak of long weather is going to last?

IN THE D-HALLS

Lunch:
Sloppy Joes
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomato and Red Onion

Dinner:
Chicken Parmesan
Salmon Puttanesca
Grape and Mozzarella Pizza

ON FLYBY

1) "I'm Obsessed With You": A Talk With Up-and-coming Actress, Writer, and Filmmaker Genevieve Adams - “Flyby sat down with Genevieve Adams, a young actress, writer, and filmmaker, to discuss herfirst co-produced independent film I’m Obsessed with You (But You’ve Got to Leave Me Alone), which she also wrote and starred in.”

2) Planning Ahead: When to Get Snipped - In the spirit of men across America getting vasectomies to stay home and follow March Madness, here are some other occasions in which they should get their vas deferens snipped!

ON FM

3) Unpaid Internships: A Priceless Experience?- “In the world of unpaid internships, experience has emerged as a de facto form of currency."

4) The Legend of the Z-List- “The Z-list inhabits an especially remote cranny in the cave of Harvard lore. The core of the Z-list intrigue is exclusivity. As admission rates have plummeted, mystery has increased.”

5) Face Tattoos Are a Metaphor for Life. Truth.

IN THE NEWS

6) Harvard Square Developer Sets off Opposition Over Historic Park- “For most Harvard students, Winthrop Square Park is just a small patch of grass wedged between Peet’s Coffee and JFK St. However, this small plot of land has played an outsized role not only in American history, but also in the current controversy over development in Harvard Square.”

EVENTS

The MIT Spring Career Fair is going from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 84 Mass Ave.! Talk to 42 diverse employers at a fair open only to MIT and Harvard Students.

The Boston Startup Fair is happening today from 2 to 4 p.m. at 1 Memorial Drive. The best Boston startups are looking for job seekers. Learn more at http://boston.startupjobfair.org/.

PHOTO OF THE DAY

The English Department hosts a "Cupcakes and Soundbites" event during Advising Fortnight. Teaching Fellow A. Joseph McMullen wraps up a two minute discussion on the English Junior Tutorial.

Want more? Like Flyby on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @crimsonflyby!

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.