Harvard Today: September 12, 2014

By Jennifer Y Yao

Happy Friday! We’re all probably really really excited that this week has come to an end—another night of readings that go on for pages and pages alongside off-brand Brain Break cereal almost sounds inhumane.

What are you most looking forward to this weekend?

a) Saturday AND Sunday brunch (we’re still reveling in the glory of this).

b) Sleeping until you’re disgusted at yourself for how much of the day has gone by while you were still under your covers.

c) Taking a shot for every academic obligation you were supposed to attend to this weekend but are neglecting to go party instead.

d) All of the above.

e) None of the above, I spend my weekends being productive (seriously, who are you?!).

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It’s another really nice day today! It’s going to be sunny with a zero percent chance of rain and a comfortable high of 72 degrees! Take advantage of days like these before chilly weather starts approaching (or appreciate the weather indoors by watching Netflix on your bed and eating Doritos, whatever floats your boat)!

IN THE D-HALLS

Lunch:

Philly Cheese Steak Sub
Shrimp Fried Rice
Farfalle Pasta with Cannelini Bean & Basil Pesto

Dinner:

Baked Salmon With Dill
Za’atar Roasted Chicken
Moroccan Chickpea and Pumpkin Tagine (talk about global cuisine)

ON FLYBY

1) Harvard Potheads: Then and Now: "I'd like to stay high twenty-four hours a day, but I guess if I did, I'd never get anything done."

IN THE NEWS

1) College Ups Funding for Student Group Transportation Following Student Death: "The College will offer an additional $30,000 in grants for domestic student group travel this academic year in response to recommendations from a working group convened last spring to discuss student organization transportation."

2) Graduate School of Education Launches Usable Knowledge Project: "On Monday, the Graduate School of Education officially launched its Usable Knowledge project, an online platform aimed at making the school’s research and work accessible to all educators, students, and policymakers."

EVENTS: WEEKEND EDITION

Go to the 2014 Anthropology Day today at 3 p.m. at Tozzer Atrium on 21 Divinity Avenue to hear cool talks and lectures about the academic and and research lives of those in the Anthropology Department!

Go cheer on for our sports teams this weekend! The Men's Tennis team is going against USD, USF, and Alabama all weekend at the Beren Outdoor Tennis Center. Women's Rugby is going against Brown on Saturday at 11 a.m. at Cumnock Field, while there's a Harvard Invitational for Sailing on the Charles River on Sunday starting from 10 a.m. Women's Soccer is also going against Colgate on Sunday at 1 p.m. at Soldiers Field Stadium.

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Susan Herrington, author of "Cornelia Hahn Oberlander: Making the Modern Landscape," speaks with Cornelia H. Oberlander about her major landscape architectural accomplishments on Thursday at the Graduate School of Design.

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.