Harvard Today: October 2, 2015

At a Thursday evening forum discussion, former University President Larry Summers shares with Financial Times columnist John Authers his thoughts about inclusivity in modern economic growth.
At a Thursday evening forum discussion, former University President Larry Summers shares with Financial Times columnist John Authers his thoughts about inclusivity in modern economic growth. By Y. Kit Wu

It’s National Computer Learning Month– keep that celebration in mind when you’re in CS50 office hours trying to finish up this pset last-minute.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE
Today is going to be 56º and rainy in the evening. Hope you have a cute raincoat!

IN THE DHALL
Lunch:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Catch of the Day with Butter & Capers
Roasted Vegetable Panini made with Eggplant, Pepper, and Squash

Dinner:
Meat Lasagna
Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Chicken
Harvest Seitan Stew

ON FLYBY
The H Sweater is Back
Like every good fall tradition– pumpkin spice lattes and the changing of the leaves– we haven’t seen the H Sweaters since last year. But fall is back, and so are the sweaters.

IN THE NEWS
South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley Honored for Flag Removal
South Carolina Governor Nikki R. Haley was honored by the Harvard Foundation for Intercultural and Race Relations on Thursday evening with a dinner ceremony to celebrate her contributions to the progress of racial justice.

Harvard Officially Launches Theater, Dance, and Media Concentration
Harvard officially launched its newest concentration, Theater, Dance, and Media on Thursday night, marking the culmination of several years of effort to incorporate the dramatic arts more fully into the University’s academic offerings.

Zoning Board Approves Revised Smith Center Plans
The Cambridge Board of Zoning Appeal approved revised plans for Harvard to renovate its Smith Campus Center on Thursday, giving the University permission from the city to move ahead with the construction project.

Larry Summers Talks Income Inequality at IOP
Former University President Lawrence H. Summers argued for concrete public policy solutions to economic inequality in front of a crowded audience Thursday evening at the John F. Kennedy Jr. Forum.

EVENTS
Pet Therapy is back today in the Science Center Plaza from 12 to 2 p.m.

Harvard vs. Georgetown football is tonight at 7 p.m. Go Crimson!

The Harvard Society for Mind, Brain, and Behavior is screening American Psycho at 7:30 p.m. in the Eliot Golden Arm Room.

Harvard Hillel is having its Sukkot Bagel Brunch on Sunday at 11:30 a.m., and they promise new bagel flavors too.

Flyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.