Harvard Today: October 30, 2015

Senior quarterback Scott Hosch has never lost a start in a Crimson uniform. His toughest test will come this week against a strong Dartmouth Defense.
Senior quarterback Scott Hosch has never lost a start in a Crimson uniform. His toughest test will come this week against a strong Dartmouth Defense. By Y. Kit Wu

Happy Halloweekend, Harvard. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable weekend, full of costumes and revelry.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It’s going to be colder than the day before, with highs of 57 and lows of 34.

IN THE D-HALL

Lunch:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Catch of the Day
Roasted Vegetable Panini

Dinner:
Meat Lasagna
Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Chicken
Harvest Seitan Stew

ON FLYBY

Harvard Students Want Fetty Wap for Yardfest
How many times have we heard Trap Queen at parties?

The Battle of B.good and Clover
We asked Harvard students a contentious question.

UC Election Ticket Predictions
At Flyby, we have been thinking hard about which people might be considering running.

Frankenbike: Spicing up the Streets of Cambridge One Vehicle at a Time
You need to check out Billy Orman '16 and his bike– quite epic.

How To: Apple Pick While at Harvard
Now that we are in the thick of fall, you might be growing tired of alternating between Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice lattes and Tealuxe's fall-flavored Spiced Chai, and are looking for a way to fulfill your foliage-colored dreams.

IN THE NEWS

Two Tickets Declare Candidacy in UC Presidential Election
As of Thursday, two tickets of juniors have declared their intentions to run for UC president and vice president: Shaiba Rather ’17 and Daniel V. Banks ’17, who live in Cabot and Dunster Houses, respectively, as well as William A. Greenlaw ’17 and William F. Morris IV ’17, who both live in Pforzheimer House.

Harvard Students Hastily Prepare Halloween Costumes
Whether sifting through piles of fluffy tutus at neighborhood clothing stores or scavenging in the most neglected and unexpected corners of dorm rooms, Harvard students are busy finding costumes for this weekend's Halloween festivities.

Nigerian Billionaire Discusses Business Success
Aliko Dangote, a Nigerian entrepreneur named the wealthiest man in Africa by Forbes, discussed the process of growing his business and the industrialization of Africa Thursday night at the Charles Hotel.

Student Groups To Host College-Wide Halloween Party
Following recent discussions on social inclusivity and open social spaces, the College Events Board alongside other student groups will host a College-wide Halloween Party in Annenberg Hall on Saturday night.

EVENTS: WEEKEND EDITION

TLA is having a Halloween Bat Show today at 8 p.m. in the Lowell Bell Tower Room.

The Harvard-Radcliffe Gilbert & Sullivan Players present Ruddigore; or, The Witch's Curse tonight at 8 p.m. at the Agassiz Theater. $15 general admission; $10 students and seniors.

Harvard Taps presents Anything Goes on Saturday at 6 p.m. in the Lowell Lecture Hall. The show is free.

The Harvard University Bands presents the 96th Annual Montage Concert on Saturday at 8 p.m. at Sanders Theater. Tickets are $2 for students.

Haunted Hall, a Halloween dance at Memorial Hall, is on Saturday from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.

Flyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.