Harvard Today: October 7, 2015

•
By Eliza R. Pugh

Hey Harvard, it's Wednesday. On this day in 1975, the Boston Red Sox beat the Oakland Athletics 3-0 in the MLB Championship.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Today will be fairly warm, with highs of 74 and lows of 47.

IN THE D-HALL

Lunch:

Red Spiced Chicken Breast

Greek Pizza on Multigrain Crust

Roasted Spicy Potatoes

Dinner:

Grilled Citrus Chicken

Memphis Style Pork Ribs

Seitan Pepper Steak

Potatoes Au Gratin

IN THE NEWS

Prof Failed to Disclose Connection to Company in Paper: Kennedy School of Government professor Calestous Juma did not disclose his connection to biotechnology giant Monsanto in a December 2014 paper supporting genetically modified organisms.

At Office Hours, Faust Fields Questions About Sexual Assault: University President Drew G. Faust opened up her office to student visitors for an hour on Monday, and a group of undergraduates used the meeting to approach her with concerns about sexual assault at Harvard and the results of the sexual climate survey that Faust herself deemed “deeply troubling.”

Health Services Sees Decrease in Alcohol Treatment After Hours: After closing Stillman Infirmary and moving to restructure after-hours patient care, Harvard University Health Services treated 14 students for reasons related to alcohol after hours in the first three weeks of school.

EVENTS

Today, IOP Fellow Wendy Sherman is holding her study group in the IOP Faculty Dining Room from 4-5:30 p.m.

Today, IOP Fellow Doug Heye is holding his study group, with special guest Paul Steinhauser, in the IOP L166 from 4-5:30 p.m.

Harvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.