Fall Fashion Gallery: Seen in Harvard Yard

By Jennifer Y Yao

After a few weeks of oddly warm and spectacular weather, unfortunately the bitter cold of the fall we know and love has finally arrived in Cambridge. At the very least, it was bitter for those who hail from warmer climates like the South or Cali. For those who forgot their winter wardrobe, gain some inspiration from people passing by in the Yard:

Ericardo H. Edwards ‘19 and Carmella T. Verrastro ‘19 sport trendy fall looks. Edwards’ khaki jacket and distressed leather shoes give him a hipster look while Verrastro’s chunky knit sweater and her peacoat-sweater combo makes for a warm autumn look. Students can use this look to walk around the streets of Cambridge or even on those rare occasions, get out of the Harvard bubble and go out into Boston!

Nicola White, Robyn Davies, Laura Convery, and Malin Hagman (left to right) are fall fashionistas from the U.K. and Sweden. They are all about those knee-length coats, which is very different from the usual Canada Goose jackets students tend to love. In Cambridge, the sun still comes out when the weather gets colder, so a cool pair of shades like Hagman’s can spruce up any outfit...or hide the many bags under your eyes after pulling your 5th straight all-nighter.

Bettina A. Edelstein ‘19 made sure that her head wasn’t at all neglected: the faux fur trim kept her toasty. Most importantly, she kept her hands warm with a hot coffee from Au Bon Pain. All students should sport this accessory, especially when coming out of Lamont at 4 a.m or walking to the midterm they didn’t really study for.

Grad student Max W. D. Murray’s classic leather jacket is a must-have for any artsy person’s closet. The vintage, distressed look makes you want to ask him where he got it from. Even if it is missing a button, this is the coolest leather jacket you will see in the Yard.

Caroline M. Tervo ‘18 proves that you can be chic and warm at the same time. You can’t go wrong with black! This look is especially great for all the interviews and events you have to attend before landing your future career in McKinsey or Goldman Sachs.

I stopped Solomon Lee ‘19 on his way to get a haircut. He said that this has been his most comfortable outfit yet: pajamas. Anything goes in the Yard—just throw on a jacket and you’ll be fine. This look is great for acting like you just came from the MAC when you didn’t actually exercise. It’s also a campus favorite for the wonderful P-set and Chill.

Flyby BlogHarvard YardFashionFlyby Front Feature

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.