Harvard Today: November 6, 2015

Busch-Reisinger Museum curator Lynette Roth presents an intervention by contemporary artist Shahryar Nashat at the Harvard Art Museums Thursday. She said, “Every gallery in the museum is really an argument.”
Busch-Reisinger Museum curator Lynette Roth presents an intervention by contemporary artist Shahryar Nashat at the Harvard Art Museums Thursday. She said, “Every gallery in the museum is really an argument.” By Tim C. Devine

On this date in 1869, the first intercollegiate soccer game was played between Rutgers and Princeton. Take advantage of today’s unseasonably nice weather to emulate them (spoiler alert: Princeton lost).

IN THE DHALLS

Lunch:

Lemon Crusted Catch of the Day

Popcorn Chicken

Vegan Meatball Sub

Dinner:

Roasted Perch with Mango Chutney

Za’atar Roasted Chicken Drumstick

Spanish Pisto Manchego

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Today’s going to be 71º and sunny! Wishing you a beautiful day of outdoor fun and a break from classes.

ON FLYBY

A Review of the Market in the Square, ft. Rigo
Market is our #1 choice for all-nighter fuel.

IN THE NEWS

GSAS Student Council Votes to Cut Student Fee Waiver
Graduate Student Council representatives voted Wednesday night to eliminate the option of waiving a student term bill fee that funds the organization and graduate student-run events.”

Science Center Library, Cafe To Undergo Renovation
Construction will begin on Harvard’s Science Center after this year’s Commencement, turning the Cabot Science Library and surrounding ground floor areas into more flexible and open collaboration spaces, with renovation scheduled to conclude during the summer of 2017.”

Program To Provide Pell Grants to Dual Enrollers
The U.S. Department of Education announced last month a new pilot program to make $20 million in Pell Grants available for high school students dually enrolled at in college courses.

Lepore Challenges Premise of Polling in American Politics
With response rates to telephone polls dwindling in the single digits and inherent demographic problems persisting with Internet polling, it may be time to reconsider the central role that polling plays in the American political process, Harvard history professor Jill Lepore argued at the Harvard Kennedy School on Thursday.

EVENTS

CS Squared — The intersection of computer science and cognitive science. HSMBB will be hosting at 4 p.m. in Sever 105.

Nine the Musical — Showing on the Loeb Mainstage Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 7:30 p.m.

Noises Off — Showing in Farkas Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are free to HUID holders at tonight’s showing.

TEDxHarvard — Hosted in the Knafel Center on Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. Student tickets are $25.

Can Science and Faith Coexist? — This discussion will be moderated by Doug Lauffenburger, PhD, at 6 p.m. on Saturday at the TMEC Amphitheater at the Medical School.

Flyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.