Harvard Today: February 6, 2015

By Elizabeth Choi

UPDATED: February 6, 2015, at 2:34 a.m.

TGIF! Let’s celebrate the end of a very hectic week. Shopping week is (alas) finally over, classes have actually begun, and you probably had section for the first time this week. But now it’s the weekend, and this is probably your last free weekend in a long long time. Throw aside that pset and toss aside your readings (but make sure you can still find them later) this weekend and engage in reckless frivolity that will hopefully be very cathartic. Or, at worst, send you straight to UHS.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE
Today is going to be yet another cold day with a high of 22 degrees, but there’s a wind chill advisory. Thankfully, there will be no precipitation.

IN THE D-HALL
Lunch
Catch of the Day
Curry Noodle Stirfry
Sweet Potato Veggie Burger with Avocado Crema

Dinner
Lemongrass Swai
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Spicy Tofu with Green Beans

ON FLYBY
1) Late Night Food in the Square: A definitive guide to all the best places to get late night food.
2) Bring Raven Symone to Harvard: A plea to bring the “That’s So Raven” star to campus.

IN THE NEWS
1) Abramson to Extend Time at Harvard by One Year:
“Jill E. Abramson ’76, visiting lecturer in the English Department and former executive editor of the New York Times, will remain in her position at Harvard through the 2015-2016 school year.”
2) i-Lab Managing Director to Depart: “Gordon S. Jones, managing director of the Harvard Innovation Lab, is set to leave for Boise State University at the start of June. Jones will join BSU as the founding dean of its new innovation college, which will enroll students for the first time this fall.”
3) Title IX Activists Shift Priorities: “Nearly four months after launching a petition to include an affirmative consent clause in Harvard's sexual harassment policy, student activists say they will shift their focus to more actively push to ensure that the policy is clear and properly implemented, rather than only argue for its strict inclusion of affirmative consent.”

EVENTS: WEEKEND EDITION
The OCS is holding a Start-Up Career Fair today from 1 to 4 p.m. at the iLab! See what organizations are participating here.

The Office of International Education is having their International Photo Contest Reception today from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at the Forum Room in Lamont.

The WECode (Women Engineers Code) conference is this weekend on Saturday and Sunday in Northwest Labs. Register now for the chance to attend workshops and meet industry leaders from Google, Facebook, Goldman Sachs, and more.

The OCS is having a Theatre & Entertainment Meet-Up on Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. at 54 Dunster Street. Meet Harvard alumni who are writers for the Colbert Show, Broadway and opera writers, and movie producers and industry executives. Register through Crimson Careers!

Theatre for Social Change: A Night with Tef Poe is happening on Saturday in Science Center D from 6 to 8 p.m. Join St. Louis activist and hip hop artist Tef Poe and others present #BlackLivesMatter.

Harvard Women’s Tennis is going against North Texas on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Murr Center! There’s free pizza and also free t-shirts for the first 25 people! Go Crimson!

PHOTO OF THE DAY
Joshua B. Scott '15, one of the MCs at "Harvard Thinks Big," introduces the next speaker.

Student LifeFlyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.