Harvard Today: April 15, 2015

•
Environmental activist Bill E. McKibben '82, a former Crimson president, speaks at a Divest Harvard rally outside Massachusetts Hall on Monday.

Happy Wednesday, Harvard! Hope you’re enjoying the best weather Cambridge has to offer before we’re all trapped in Lamont for reading period and finals. We’re in that great part of the semester where people actually want to be outside and are just far away enough from looming paper and project due dates to not feel guilty about spending the day wandering around the city. Treat yourself to a mid-week adventure today. Get out of the Harvard bubble for a little bit while you can still rationalize it.

IN THE D-HALL

LUNCH:

Beef Fajita Fettuccine

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sub

Spice Tofu with Green Beans

DINNER:

Baby Shells with Ham and Peas

Mesquite Rotisserie Chicken

Vegetable Pot Pie with Biscuits

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Today will be sunny with temperatures in the mid 60s.

ON FLYBY

Puerto What? Puerto Lowell. — Because we all want to win the trip to Puerto Rico.

PSA: Harvard College Film Fest This Week — Check it out!

IN THE NEWS

LIVE UPDATES: Divest Harvard Protest Continues — “Harvard’s top administrators relocated again on Tuesday morning as the environmental activist group Divest Harvard continued its planned blockade of Massachusetts Hall, staged a sit-in at the headquarters of the Harvard Alumni Association, and temporarily blocked entrances to University Hall.”

Heat Week' Protests Affect Classes Across Campus — “Campus demonstrations by the environmental activist group Divest Harvard have affected classrooms across Harvard’s campus, with some students missing class to participate and some professors incorporating the demonstrations into their curricula.”

Harvard Admissions Office Considers How To Weigh MOOCs — “Among the familiar sea of acronyms surrounding college admissions―AP, IB, SAT, ACT―a new credential is popping up on applications that Harvard's Admissions Office has not yet decided how heavily to weigh: the MOOC, or massive open online course.”

EVENTS

Harvard Turkish Conference — The first Harvard Turkish Conference hosted by the Harvard College European Business Group. At 11am in Emerson 210, there will be 30 experts speaking about their experiences and investing in Turkey.

Dreams of Digital Democracy — Republican Strategist Matt Lira’s last study group! In the IOP Faculty Dining Room at 4pm, Matt Lira will discuss technology’s role in creating a functional democracy in the digital age.

Tanner Lectures — The first lecture in this series, Casuistry and Irony: Some Reflections on Pascal’s Provinciales, will be taking place at 4pm in Emerson 105.

Transfigurations: Transgressing Gender in the Bible — Peterson Toscano’s play exploring the lives of transgender Bible characters is being performed at 4pm at Andover Chapel.

Dear White People — Screening and discussion at 6:30pm in Harvard Hall 202. Register on eventbrite for a free ticket.

Dark Star — the Harvard Film Archive will be screening Dark Star at 7:30.

Harvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.