Harvard Today: April 29, 2015

•
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, next to Harvard’s Joseph S. Nye, responds to a question from the audience on Monday morning at the Institute of Politics. Abe, currently on a visit to the United States, touched upon topics such as economic development and international cooperations as well as more recent developments in women’s rights.

Happy last day of classes, Harvard! We made it to reading period (boo) and formal season (yay)!! Whether you plan to spend the next week in Lamont, attending every house formal, or somewhere in between, we at Flyby wish you the best of luck and the least painful finals possible.

IN THE D-HALLS

LUNCH:

Currywurst

Popcorn Chicken

Korean Style Grilled Tofu with Sesame Glaze

DINNER:

Beef Shepherd's Pie

Chicken Pie

Welsh Rarebit

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

In classic Cambridge style, it’s going to be cloudy all day, but at least temperatures will be in the mid 50s.

ON FLYBY

Chipotle Introduces Delivery Service, the World Goes Wild — Serious game changer.

IN THE NEWS

Claudine Gay Named Next FAS Social Science Divisional Dean — “Gay joined the Government Department in 2006 and is currently its director of graduate studies. She received her Ph.D. from that department in 1998. Prior to joining the Harvard Faculty, Gay spent six years in the department of political science at her undergraduate alma mater Stanford University, where she received tenure.”

Freshman Formal Costs, Security Altered for On-Campus Venue — “This year’s freshman formal, which will take place Wednesday on the Science Center Plaza, will feature an “incidents tent” near the main event for students seeking medical treatment, according to formal co-chair Gretty Garcia ’18.”

Law School Class of 2014 Employment Numbers Mimic Previous Years’ — “In an ever-changing legal market, more than 96 percent of Harvard Law School’s class of 2014 is employed, continuing a years-long trend that, Mark A. Weber, the assistant dean for career services at the Law School, said he thinks will persist when the class of 2015 crosses the stage in May.”

EVENTS

Wellness on the Plaza — The Urban Boot Camp workout class will be taking place at 7am in the Science Center Plaza.

Harvard LITFest — Editor Christina Thompson will be talking about the process of publishing Harvard Review at 12 in the Thompson Room of the Barker Center.

Translational Genomics Research Seminar — Kiran Musunuru will be speaking at 4pm at Harvard NRB.

Divestment Debate: Should Harvard Divest from Fossil Fuels? — Attend to the debate at 5:30 in the Taubman Building of the Kennedy School.

Reflections 2015 — The annual banquet will be honoring seniors who have had an extraordinary impact on the Asian American community at Harvard. 6:15 in the SOCH. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door.

Community Engagement Awards Ceremony — Michelle Wu will be speaking at the ceremony. 6:30 in the Winthrop Tonkins Room.

Harvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.