Harvard Today: May 4, 2015

•
Students of the Graduate School of Education course Education Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship in Comparative Perspective speak to judges, faculty, and other visitors at the project presentation fair on Friday morning at the Harvard Innovation Lab.

Happy Monday, Harvard! That’s right, we’re halfway through reading period already. Pretty scary to consider how much time you’ve wasted stalking your crush’s formal pictures on Facebook and how little time you’ve spent studying for that final you need to ace to make up for your poor midterm performance (or is that just me?). Luckily, you still have time to change your ways! If you closed Netflix instead of watching “just one more” episode, you could probably finish the reading you’ve been pretending you did since the beginning of the semester. May the odds be ever in your favor.

IN THE D-HALLS

LUNCH:

Chicken Fingers

Farfale with Italian Sausage and Kale

Tofu Parmesan Sub

DINNER:

Chicken Marsala

Shrimp with Fettucini

Multigrain Rotini with Peas and Mushroom

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Today should be sunny with a high of 82º — perfect weather just in time for us to stay inside studying for a week straight.

ON FLYBY

Movies to Watch Instead of Studying for Finals — Our official recommendations

IN THE NEWS

Report Says Gen Ed Program is 'Failing' on Many Fronts — “A report reviewing the status of Harvard College’s Program in General Education states that the program is currently “failing” in many ways to achieve its initial goals, “occupies no place in the College’s identity,” and lacks general and financial commitment from both the College and University.”

College Appoints Full-Time Title IX Coordinator — “Emily J. Miller will serve as the College’s first full-time Title IX coordinator, according to an email Dean of the College Rakesh Khurana sent to undergraduates on Friday.”

EVENTS

The Women Sheriffs of Wall Street — Elizabeth Warren, Sheila Bair, and Mary Schapiro will be speaking in Memorial Church Sanctuary at 10am.

Building a New Nepal — Prashant Jha, associate editor of the Hindustan Times is speaking about what it will take for Nepal to rebuild after the earthquake in CGIS South S050 at noon.

Milton J. Rosenau Lecture: Professor Sir Michael Marmot — Sir Michael will be talking about health equity. 4pm in Kresge G2.

Corruption: The Unaddressed Elephant on the Global Stage — A lecture hosted by the Herbert C. Kelman Seminar on International Conflict at 4:30pm in CGIS South S020.

One Room Tenants — The Harvard Film Archive will be screening One Room Tenants at 7pm.

“Tangible Things” — Professor Laurel Thatcher Ulrich will be talking about the history contained in objects. 7pm in the Harvard Ed Portal.

Harvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.