This Week at Harvard: August 3 to 9

•
Andrew W. Mayo '17 teaches summer telescope classes as part of a program hosted by Student Astronomers at Harvard-Radcliffe. The classes, which are held bi-weekly at the telescope in the Science Center, are free of charge, though students are required to fill out a short application to attend.
Andrew W. Mayo '17 teaches summer telescope classes as part of a program hosted by Student Astronomers at Harvard-Radcliffe. The classes, which are held bi-weekly at the telescope in the Science Center, are free of charge, though students are required to fill out a short application to attend. By Melanie Y. Fu

Happy start of the week, Harvard—we’re in the home stretch of summer now, so you only have to muster up the strength to get through these last two weeks or so in the ghost town that is Cambridge in the summer.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It’ll be hot at the beginning of the week, with highs in the 80s and 90s until about Thursday. On Friday, expect a much-needed cool down with some rain showers and temperatures in the 60s and 70s through the weekend.

IN THE NEWS

’Poonsters Prank the Crimson—and Dupe Donald Trump

Portraying themselves as their longtime rivals, Harvard Lampoon staffers tricked the Donald Trump campaign into thinking that The Crimson was endorsing the candidate for president in 2016.

Zoning Board Indefinitely Delays Campus Center Decision

For the second time this summer, the Cambridge Board of Zoning Appeal delayed a decision on Harvard’s plans for renovating the Smith Campus Center, the first major setback to the University’s proposal.

U.S. Olympic Committee Terminates Boston Bid

Organizers ended Boston’s bid to host the 2024 Olympic Games, following several months of backlash and changes in its plans, which included Harvard.

EVENTS

Thursday

The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is hosting a free “Alice in Wonderland”-themed event from 5 to 8 p.m. Stop by for one of the summer’s last chances to explore this beautiful museum along with food, drinks, and music.

Stop by the Boston Common parade ground from 6 p.m. onward for a free outdoor yoga class. Bring a friend or two to sneak in some free exercise at Boston’s historic park.

Friday - Sunday

Zac Brown Band is performing nightly from Friday to Sunday at Fenway at 6:30 p.m., along with band Muddy Magnolias. Get tickets online at the Zac Brown Band’s website.

Saturday

PorchfestFEST, a block party, is happening at the Lawn on D from 3 to 9 p.m. Come by to enjoy live music from local bands.

EventsSummerHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.