Harvard Today: September 2, 2015

Members of the Crimson Key Society dance to “YMCA” with new freshmen at their annual screening of “Love Story.”
Members of the Crimson Key Society dance to “YMCA” with new freshmen at their annual screening of “Love Story.” By Megan M. Ross

Happy Wednesday, Harvard! Welcome to shopping week! Hopefully you’ve had a successful move-in and your proctor/tutor doesn’t already think of you as “that kid.” Jokes aside, we’re wishing you a great start to a successful semester.
Xoxo, Flyby

IN THE ATMOSPHERE
Surprise! It’s going to be hotter than today. It’ll be sunny in the 90s, so hopefully all the classes you’re shopping are in air conditioned buildings.

IN THE DHALL
Lunch:
Chicken Parmesan Sub
Vegetarian Penne Bolognese

Dinner:
Fried Buttermilk Chicken Drumsticks
Normandy Style Pork Loin
Farfalle Pasta with Cannelloni & Basil Pesto

ON FLYBY
PSA: Monday Classes Tomorrow: TLDR- It’s Wednesday, but go to Monday classes!

What You’re Missing When You Skip Your Entryway Meeting: Icebreakers, snacks, and awkwardness galore!

Do’s and Don’ts of Shopping Week: We’re looking at you, freshmen.

IN THE NEWS

Mather Pilots Sophomore Orientation Program: Mather House piloted an orientation program for their sophomore residents this past weekend, allowing them to move into their dorm rooms a day early in an effort to make House life more central to their extracurricular lives.

Fully Renovated Dunster House Opens Its Doors: Known for its walkthrough suites and accommodations widely regarded as lackluster, Dunster House had been an undergraduate favorite for ridicule. But with the construction trucks gone from Cowperthwaite Street, the College’s first fully renovated House opened its doors to students last weekend.

Medical School Overhauls Curriculum With Major Redesign: While Medical School courses were previously run in a traditional lecture format, under the new curriculum, they will use flipped classroom model, in which students watch lectures on video outside of class and then apply the concepts they cover in class and clinic.

EVENTS

Fall Welcoming Event — The Department of African & African American Studies invites you to kick off the semester in the Thompson Room of the Barker Center at 4pm.

Waitress — Come see this musical being performed at the Loeb at 7:30! Tickets start at $25.

Jill Abramson presents “Page One: Inside the New York Times” — See you in Science Center D at 7:40 for the screening of this documentary and a question and answer session.

Flyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.