Harvard Today: September 9, 2015

•
Students and teaching fellows congregate in Widener Library for one of many CS50 office hours planned for the coming months. In prior years, office hours were held in places like Annenberg and Mather House, but this year will feature them for the first time in the historic library.
Students and teaching fellows congregate in Widener Library for one of many CS50 office hours planned for the coming months. In prior years, office hours were held in places like Annenberg and Mather House, but this year will feature them for the first time in the historic library. By Y. Kit Wu

Happy Almost Study Card Due Day! Study cards are due tomorrow at 5 p.m., which means we’re all probably scrambling right now to get our “advising hold” “lifted” so that we can finally “enroll” in our classes and not just “validate” them. The fact that study cards are due soon also sadly reminds us of the fact that blissful shopping week is over and we unfortunately cannot put off doing homework because the “oh, maybe I’m not actually taking this class so I won’t do the reading just in case since I have better things to do with my life” excuse just doesn’t fly anymore.

IN THE D-HALLS

Lunch:
Red Spiced Chicken Breast
Greek Pizza on Multigrain Crust
Roasted Spicy Potatoes

Dinner:
Grilled Citrus Chicken
Memphis Style Pork Ribs
Seitan Pepper Steak

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It’s going to be another blisteringly hot day, albeit less humid and more windy than the day before, so we guess that’s something. Enjoy the nice weather while you can, because it’s going to be raining on and off for the rest of the week!

ON FLYBY

Five Questions About the Honor Code, Answered: We have an honor code? Learn about it, as this is actually important.

New HUDS Website Is Ridiculously Better Than My.Harvard: Harvard’s priority seems to be on food rather than academics. Same with us.

IN THE NEWS

Faust Opposes Gradudate Student Unionization Efforts: In April, several GSAS students confirmed that they were mobilizing to unionize—a move that could fundamentally alter the way graduate students interact with the University as teaching fellows.

Mount Auburn Quiet, Students Flood Felipe’s and Tasty Burger: Bars and restaurants in Harvard Square are seeing a surge in traffic from student patrons, and some students are speculating that it is partly the result of increased scrutiny surrounding Harvard’s off-campus social organizations and guest restrictions at at least one final club.

Widener Buzzes with CS50 Psetters: These students were in Widener because the popular undergraduate course Computer Science 50 was granted permission to host its office hours there. Widener Library extended its own hours to host the group.

Chatterjee, Former Dunster Tutor, Hired in Currier House: Avik Chatterjee ’02, a former Dunster resident tutor who was widely regarded as an ally to BGLTQ students in the House but was not asked back to the position last spring, has been hired to serve as a resident tutor in Currier House beginning this fall.

Market Attracts Customers to Science Center Plaza: More than 20 local vendors set up stalls under the Science Center Plaza tent on Tuesday for the weekly Harvard Farmers’ Market, held from mid-June until November.

EVENTS

The Institute of Politics is holding the Fall 2015 Open House today at 6 p.m. at the IOP, located at 79 JFK Street.

The Crimson is holding its second Open House today from 7-8:30 p.m. at 14 Plympton Street.

The Harvard Political Union is having a Gun Control Debate today at 7:30 p.m. following the IOP Open House, in room L140 at the IOP.

Flyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.