Treat Yo Self on Treat Yo Self Day

•
By Courtesy of YouTube

Five years ago yesterday, Parks and Rec introduced us to the greatest holiday of the year: Treat Yo Self Day. Having just consumed two cupcakes and four slices of pizza while wearing gym clothes despite not stepping foot in the gym, I'm here to tell you what you can do to make sure you #treatyoself to the fullest.

First, don't set an alarm clock. How many times have you gone to bed as the sun was rising and still gone to your nine o'clock? Today, don't do that to yourself. Sleep until you're ready to wake up, even if it means skipping a class or two.

Second, eat to your heart's content. We all know that you don't wanna eat that salad. So don't! Dining halls throughout campus have been offering the most delectable and diverse meal and dessert options in the past several days, so help yourself to some of those. If that, for whatever reason, doesn't satisfy you, splurge on a pastry from Tatte or a hot chocolate from Burdicks.

Third, do not, under any circumstances, go to the gym. Do you truly enjoy sweating and panting and exerting so much energy? Is working out a fun experience? If you answered yes to either question, you're incorrect. Give yourself a day off. You can make up for the lost gainz another day.

Finally, avoid doing homework at all costs. If you have a pset or paper due tomorrow, ask for an extension. Your professors would without a doubt be understanding if you told them you couldn't get your work done as you're observing such an important holiday. In the time you'd spend grinding on work, go out with friends or be a hermit in your room watching Netflix– whatever makes you most content.

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby Front

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.