This Week at Harvard: Festivals, Baseball Games, and Other Events in the City

•
Harvard's Arnold Arboretum.
Harvard's Arnold Arboretum. By Daniel J. Hilhorst

This week, Flyby is bringing you a round-up of movie premieres, festivals, sporting games, and other events nearby in the upcoming days. Mid-summer blues, be gone!

Area premiere of The Little Hours
Playing Monday-Thursday, showtimes vary | Brattle Theatre

Start your week with a viewing of The Little Hours at the Brattle. The comedy—starring Alison Brie, Aubrey Plaza, and Kate Micucci as medieval nuns—was first screened at the Brattle last Friday, and you can catch it until Thursday here in the Square.

Taste of Cambridge food festival
Tuesday, 5:30-8:30 p.m. | Canal Park at CambridgeSide (69 bus from Harvard Station to Lechmere, then walk)

If you have $50 to drop on food and drinks, the annual Taste of Cambridge food festival is the place to do it. Take an evening away from the Square to sample a wide variety of food from over 100 local restaurants and specialty food providers.

“Sounds of Summer” at the Gardner Museum
Thursday, 5-9 p.m. | Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (Red Line to Green Line E Train to Longwood)

Harvard students can visit the Gardner Museum for free anytime, but if you stop by on Thursday, there will be activities and musical performances for the event, and you’ll get to experience the museum at night (most days, the museum closes at 5 p.m.).

Bastille Day Party
Friday, 6-11 p.m. | Marlborough Street, Back Bay (1 bus from Harvard Station to Mass. Ave. @ Marlborough St., then walk)

Celebrate Bastille Day, the French national holiday, with performances by Ben l’Oncle Soul and Daby Touré, food from various Boston-based French restaurants, and drinks. Advance tickets to the block-party-style event are $33, and if available, tickets at the entrance will be $40.

Artbeat festival in Davis Square
Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to p.m. | Davis Square, Somerville

Hop the train to Davis for Somerville’s two-day “Artbeat” festival. Friday night will feature music and performances, and Saturday will offer craft vendors and other shows. Any excuse to head into Davis is a good one, and an arts festival is sure to be worth the train ride.

Red Sox v. Yankees at Fenway
Friday-Sunday, game times vary | Fenway Park

Tickets for Sox/Yankees games are hard to come by, but it’s worth giving it a shot to try and score a seat at Fenway for this iconic match-up. Don’t forget to check out Fenway’s student discount program.

Festival Betances in the South End
Saturday and Sunday, from 1-8 p.m. | 100 W. Dedham St., Boston’s South End (1 bus from Harvard Station to Massachusetts Ave. @ Tremont St., then walk)

Mix it up this weekend and journey to the South End for two days of music, food, and other activities at the “longest running Latino festival in New England.”

Yoga at Harvard’s Arboretum
Sunday, 10-11:15 a.m. | Arnold Arboretum Hunnewell Building (Red Line to Orange Line to Forest Hills Station, then walk)

End your week with some rejuvenating yoga at Harvard’s own arboretum. If you’ve never been, Sunday’s free class is a good reason to visit for the first time and immerse yourself in nature.

Flyby BlogFlyby Front FeatureFlyby Front

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.