Burst the Bubble: Sept. 28 - Sept. 30

•
Oyster feens: Boy, do we have the event for you.
Oyster feens: Boy, do we have the event for you. By Courtesy of Jane Seo

Midterms may be just around the corner, but with the weather still hovering in the mid 60s, now is the time to explore Boston. Take advantage of Boston’s T system (only $2.25/ride!) and impress your Monday class acquaintances when you actually have something not-boring to talk about during the inevitable “how was your weekend” small talk.

Friday:

10th Annual Oyster Festival

If you for some reason enjoy the slimy nuggets of seafood known as oysters (no judgment here), head to Legal Harborside this weekend for an abundance of oyster preparations. This event runs from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. all weekend, so take advantage of tasty seafood and enjoy the company of fellow oyster-lovers!

Saturday:

Free Fall Cruise to Spectacle Island

If you like cruises and you’re not afraid of an earlyish morning, join the Spectacle Island Cruise hosted by Save the Harbour this Saturday. Check in at the World Trade Center dock at 9:45 a.m., and the cruise will get you back to Boston at 2:30 p.m. You’ll have some time to explore the island, so this could be a perfect blocking group adventure/date/romantic picnic, or anything in between!

Sunday:

Women’s Market

A Women’s Market will be held at District Hall this Sunday from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. The market boasts “30+ womxn makers and artists” and admission is free, so this could be a great opportunity to get a head start on holiday gifts or just explore some fun creations. Plus, there are interactive booths for headshots, collage, beading, and henna, so it’s sure to be a good time!

We hate to burst your bubble, but Harvard isn’t the entire world. Go forth and burst the Harvard bubble with these Boston events!

BostonFlyby BlogFlyby CultureFlyby City

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.