What Your Reaction to Rain Says About You

•
By Jason K. Thong

Are you a fan of rain, or do you run indoors and pull up the shuttle schedule at the slightest drizzle? Read on to reveal what your reaction to rain says about you.

The “I Didn’t Know It Would Be Raining”

They’re running late to class, it’s raining, and it’s too late to turn back and grab an umbrella or a respectable pair of shoes. Ultimately, they get soaked and regret their life decisions for the rest of the day. You know this person. You have been this person. We have all been this person. If you’re this person on the regular, though, you need to get your life together and subscribe to Harvard Today to get your daily weather report.

The “I Know It’s Raining, But I Don’t Care”

Not to be confused with the category above, this person knew full well that it would be raining, but now has to deal with their poor decision to ignore the all-mighty Boston weather. They may put on a brave face, but deep down, they regret their choices and secretly would do anything for an umbrella or raincoat, even though they would die before admitting it. If you’re this person, learn to be more in touch with your feelings and admit your mistakes — getting help (in the form of umbrellas or otherwise) is totally fine.

The Garbage Bagger

In a pinch and don’t have access to a more conventional method of rain protection? This person puts on a brave face and embraces creativity, making us wonder if “garbage bags as raincoats” is the newest trend. Whether they’re walking to the quad or running to class, this person may not fully have their life together, but they’re definitely doing their best. If you wear garbage bags instead of using umbrellas, we commend your self-confidence and your perseverance.

The Cute Rain Accessories

Not only is this person prepared for everything that life throws at them, but they are ready to face the rain with their cute rain boots and matching umbrella. While their preparation is admirable, it’s hard not to hate this person just a tiny bit for looking so unphased by the rain while everyone around them struggles. If you’re this person, we have just one question — can we join you under your umbrella? Because you truly seem to have it all together.

The Over-Dramatic One

It’s raining. We get it. But this person wants to make it known to the world that the precipitation has ruined their day and that it should ruin yours too. If you’re this person, you should take a deep breath and learn to roll with the punches.

No matter who you are, your true personality shines through when faced with everyone’s favorite feature of spring. Here’s to hoping that April showers really do bring May flowers.

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby FrontQuiz

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.