Iconic Harvard Meals to Look Forward to

By Courtesy of HUDS

Just like every other Harvard student, you probably love to hate on the food in the dining halls. And we don’t blame you — it’s pretty easy to complain about HUDS’s beef stroganoff, seitan, and lack of on-brand cereal. But admit it: A few weeks away from campus, and even you are missing some of Harvard’s most iconic meals. We’re here to remind you what you have to look forward to dining-wise when we all get back to Cambridge.

Tomato Basil Raviolini Soup

Okay, we didn’t do a survey or anything, but it’s fair to say that everyone loves this iconic HUDS soup. It’s the basic, classic tomato soup, but better. You probably didn’t even know what raviolini was before getting to Harvard. But now, you know it’s that really tiny pasta that floats in your favorite soup every week.

Garlic Bread + Chicken/Eggplant Parmesan

It seems that HUDS consistently scores with Italian food. The nightly garlic bread, especially paired with the occasional chicken parmesan (eggplant parmesan for our vegetarian friends) is a fan favorite! Admit it, you’ll probably go to bed tonight thinking about how much you miss this crispy, cheesy perfection.

Brunch

Harvard Sunday brunch is one-of-a-kind and deserves a category of its own. From broccoli stuffed chicken breasts to bagel sandwiches to Veritaffles, Sunday brunch is the perfect combination of all our favorite foods from breakfast and lunch. Think about it: In what other context would it be acceptable to eat cereal and salad in the same meal?

Sweet Potato Fries

Sweet. Potato. Fries. That pretty much covers it. Definitely the ultimate dhall food, HUDS sweet potato fries are probably the sole cause of the freshman 15. Don’t try to deny it. We know that if it’s sweet potato fries day, you’re grabbing a second plate at lunch. When something is that good, one serving just isn’t enough.

Dessert

Dessert may not qualify as a meal, but that doesn’t make it any less special. Walking into the dhall for dinner, you can confidently expect some kind of baked-to-perfection dessert waiting for you. Whether it’s tiramisu, Mississippi Mud squares, or a Sunday Sundae, HUDS has always got your back when it comes to sweet treats.

It’s the ultimate paradox of being a college student: you miss the food at home when you’re at Harvard, but you secretly miss the dhall when you’re home. Enjoy your meals away from the dhall for the next few weeks, but remember everything you have to look forward to when we eventually return to campus!

Flyby BlogFlyby Front FeatureAround Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.