Essential Apps for Every Harvard Student | 2021

As the new school year begins, it's time to get back into the swing of things and make the most of your college experience! Scroll through the articles below to see how innovative apps such as Monday.com and more can make your life more convenient, productive and fun!

Mesmerize

Clear your mind and relax with a unique audio visual meditation experience.

Mesmerize combines engaging visuals with soothing psycho-acoustic music and expertly crafted guided meditations to give you an all encompassing meditation experience.

Based in science, Mesmerize uses focused-attention meditation to help you improve your problem solving skills, your ability to resist distractions, and your well-being. Relieve anxiety while improving your cognitive function, and clear your mind in a visual wonderland. Even when not on your meditation journey, Mesmerize can help you fall asleep fast with sleep sounds and stories, or help you beat distractions with focus music as you grind out a problem set.

Learn more about the science behind Mesmerize here: https://mesmerizeapp.com/science

Peloton

The Peloton App brings the world of Peloton to all your devices, no equipment or fitness experience necessary. Gain access to thousands of Peloton workout classes, led by World-Class Instructors, across Strength, Cardio, Yoga, Meditation, Running, and more.

With your Student Membership, you can get all the Peloton App has to offer free for 30 days, then $6.99/mo. Sign up for your 30 day free trial now.

App Features

Your 30 day free trial and $6.99/mo student membership give you…

Variety of Disciplines: Access to thousands of Peloton classes, Live and On-Demand, across 10+ disciplines including Strength, Yoga, Outdoor Running, Cardio, and more. No equipment required.

Variety of lengths, intensity, and Instructors: Flexibility to workout on your own time with a large variety of class lengths, intensity and 30+ expert Instructors, you can find what works best for you and get a great workout at home, at the gym, or on the go (wherever you have your phone)!

Guidance tools to help you build your workouts: Get guidance on your fitness journey through our scheduling tools, monthly Challenges, and Strength and running Programs. No matter your fitness level, the App can help guide you create a plan to achieve your goals.

Metrics and Tracking Tools: Metrics and tracking features to give you the structure you need to workout smarter, not harder. Record your Outdoor runs, earn badges, and track your progress all within the App.

Social features: Connect with your friends, share classes, and celebrate milestones together to stay accountable and have fun with your community.

Unique content and partnerships: Exciting, fun partnerships you can only find on Peloton. Try workouts featuring music by your favorite Artists, including Beyonce, Billie Eilish, Megan Thee Stallion, and more.

How the App fits into Student life

The Peloton App brings thousands of Peloton workout classes to Students’ fingertips, free for 30 days and then $6.99/mo.

The App fits perfectly into your busy schedule - with thousands of classes Live and On-Demand, ranging from 5 to 60 minutes. There’s a workout for any length of time you have between classes, before internships, or after work.

With the Peloton App, you can get a great workout at home, at the gym, or on the go. No equipment required. You can also use the App on all your devices - phone, TV, tablet, and web.

The variety of classes on the App fit every fitness need. Whether you’re looking to get stronger, run further, or feel more centered, the Peloton App offers 10+ disciplines including Strength, Cardio, Yoga, Meditation, and more.

It can be overwhelming to decide what workouts to do on your fitness journey - on the App, you can join structured Programs and Challenges, follow recommended class plans created by World-Class Athletes and expert Peloton Instructors (called Stacks in the App), and schedule your classes to help guide you to your goals.

Add the #HarvardPeloton tag to run, ride, lift, and flow with the Harvard student and alumni community!

Edison Mail

Experience email, the way it should be with Edison Mail, the award-winning #1 independent email app available today from the pioneers of one-tap unsubscribe. Welcome to unparalleled speed, no ads, less spam, and a built-in assistant that works for you. Unlike other email apps, Edison Mail allows you to easily manage all of your email accounts from different providers in one place. Engineered from the ground up, Edison Mail’s expertly crafted email algorithms under the hood promise lightning fast email speed. An AI-based intelligent assistant built-in keeps your important travel, entertainment, bills and shopping organized at a glance in smart folders. Level up your inbox game with unique features to automatically block email spy pixels (aka read receipts) invading your inbox, a sleek Dark Mode to email at all hours, and so much more. Works with Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook, iCloud, Exchange, AOL, Hotmail, and IMAP* on all your devices– including iOS, Android, and macOS.

Download Edison Mail from the App Store or Google Play store today.

* Edison Mail does not support POP.

Brilliant

Brilliant Sponsor

Brilliant is an online STEM-learning platform that replaces lecture videos with hands-on, interactive lessons. With Brilliant, you get to see concepts visually, interact with key ideas, and solve challenging problems that get you to really think. There are over 60 courses in math, science, and computer science covering a range of skill levels from beginner to advanced. You can even download courses for offline use or continue your progress seamlessly between app and browser. Visit us at Brilliant.org or download from the App Store/Play Store today.

Brain.fm

Brain.fm creates music scientifically designed to help you focus, relax, and sleep within minutes. Backed by research, Brain.fm’s patented technology embeds rhythmic pulses in music to synchronize neural activity in the brain, supporting desired mental states on demand.

Brain.fm’s team of talented in-house composers make each track a highly enjoyable listening experience.

Join over 150K+ Brain.fm users who are achieving higher states of performance on demand.

monday.com

Monday.com Sponsor

Take charge of your academic life with the ultimate work management platform for students

Join over 250,000 students and faculty members from leading institutions across the globe who rely on monday.com to run their everyday work. Get your free account exclusively for Harvard students.

monday.com Work OS: monday.com is an easy-to-use, collaborative platform to manage every aspect of work. Students can get started instantly with our custom-made templates designed specifically for academic life. With apps, automations, and more, you can customize the platform to work any way that works for you.

Manage your day-to-day student life: Track your classes, extracurriculars, and job applications to make sure you’re always ahead of the game, even when studying remotely.

Track projects and assignments: Organize your tasks, plan long-term projects, and get notified about upcoming deadlines. With the monday.com mobile app, you can add updates whenever they arise, wherever you are.

Organize and collaborate on your research projects: Collect and analyze your data in intuitive dashboards. The platform allows you to create charts, Gantts, and save all of your files easily in one place. Read more about monday.com as a research tool, and join thousands of research centers that generate more impact in less time.

Plan for your future: Map out your internship and job search, monitor your progress on applications, and keep track of your networking contacts to secure your dream job. Read more on how to get started on your future with monday.com.

Integrate your eLearning tools: Connect the different eLearning tools to monday.com and streamline your studies in one centralized place. Set up reminders, automations, and more to make sure none of your tasks fall between the cracks.

Supercharge your student club: Collaborate easily with your team and reduce time spent on emails and meetings. You can plan events, track your club budget, manage your roster, and run your exec board like a pro. Harvard student clubs also get free Pro features.

Open an account with your Harvard.edu email address to get free access to monday.com for as long as you are a student. If you sign up today, you will also get 28 days of pro features.

Copilot

Copilot Sponsor

Supercharge your finances with insights you won't get from your banks. Copilot is the smart money app for iOS that integrates with your banks and favorite services (Venmo, Coinbase, and Amazon integrations, anyone?) for a high-definition view of your spending, savings, investments, and net worth. With dark mode, widgets, and a serious commitment to data privacy and security — Copilot is the personal finance app you've been waiting for. Take Copilot's demo mode for a spin then enter referral code HARVARD to double your free trial.

Take Copilot's demo mode for a spin then enter referral code HARVARD to double your free trial. Download from the App Store today.