Crimson staff writer

Malaika K. Tapper

Latest Content

Voices in the Wilderness

Before Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, the Federalist Society used his presidency to attain new peaks of power and influence over the American legal system. Though Trump’s term has ended, the conservative legal network’s youngest members at Harvard Law School, the center of a battle that fueled the Society’s rise, stand to reap great fruit from this pact.

Nicole S. Moulia

In another life, one where Nicole S. Moulia was not intent on practicing immigration law and felt obliged to no one but herself, she’d write her own science fiction and fantasy. But Moulia is intent: She’s going to become an immigration lawyer.

Harvard's Billionaire in a Lab Coat

In April, Moderna shares skyrocketed when the company became one of the first in the U.S. to begin human trials for a COVID-19 vaccine. Timothy Springer, a professor at Harvard Medical School and founding investor in Moderna, made headlines. His shares had made him a billionaire.

On Borrowed Time: Inside the Decision HUDS Workers Say They Must Make Between Safety and Salary

Harvard's decision to depopulate campus sent HUDS workers scrambling. Though employees who worked at dining halls that have since closed are currently on paid leave, those who are still required to work face a difficult choice. At-risk individuals may request to stay home — but it often comes at a cost.

Inside the Conservative Media Outlet Feeding Harvard Students to Fox News

Campus Reform — a conservative media outlet that seeks to uncover "liberal bias" on college campuses — also often serves as a middleman that places college students on television networks like Fox News for short media segments. The articles and media segments that Campus Reform produces and facilitates then spread widely on social media — but only in certain circles. This system leads to a warped media narrative about college campuses in which the majority of students live in one reality, and a select few are deployed by a sprawling media empire to help create a divergent, parallel reality. When those two realities collide, rarely is it pretty.

Does Cambridge Have a Hate Crime Problem?

On Oct. 28, the Cambridge City Council moved to address hate crimes like these. The body voted unanimously to pass an ordinance “to determine Cambridge’s threat level from hate crimes and other related events” and empowered City Manager Louis A. DePasquale to decide on an appropriate response.

Reimagining an Epstein-Free MIT

On Friday, Oct. 18, Media Lab students and staff hosted an event at the Lab called “Reimagine This Place” in response to the recent revelations. Members of the MIT community were invited to make posters that represented their vision for MIT’s future — and the world’s future.