Harvard Today: September 24, 2015

•
Students from Quincy and Dunster houses compete at Cumnock Field for the Straus Cup. The fall intramural season runs through November and includes tennis, ultimate frisbee, and flag football.
Students from Quincy and Dunster houses compete at Cumnock Field for the Straus Cup. The fall intramural season runs through November and includes tennis, ultimate frisbee, and flag football. By Savannah I. Whaley

Today is Thursday, September 24. Did you know September is Better Breakfast Month? We may only have a week left in September, but that’s plenty of time to take advantage of the fact that we all have breakfast swipe in the Berg.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE
It should be sunny all day with a slight breeze. At 73Âş, today is going to be a perfect fall day.

IN THE DHALL
Lunch:
Teriyaki Chicken Pizza
Korean Style Tofu with Sesame Glaze

Dinner:
Chicken Marsala
Italian Sausage
Farfale with Italian Sausage and Kale
Portobello Lentil Pattie with Tomato Basil Salsa

ON FLYBY
That Time HUDS Fed Me Lobster
HUDS served me real lobster last week, all on Harvard’s dime. HUDS will never be the same to me.

IN THE NEWS
Employee Allegedly Steals More than $80,000 from Harvard
A Harvard employee for 17 years, Shawn Bunn, 44, allegedly used Harvard’s money to make hundreds of personal purchases, which he covered up by submitting false receipts to the University, according to the office of Middlesex County District Attorney Marian T. Ryan.

Stillman Closed, Health Services Will Open Renovated Space
Harvard University Health Services is scheduled to open a renovated space on its fifth floor, which previously housed Stillman Infirmary’s 10 overnight observation beds, at the start of October.

Law School Hires Chief Human Resources Officer
Kevin B. Moody, an administrator at Emory’s school of law, will serve as Harvard Law School's next assistant dean and chief human resources officer.

UC Makes Strides Toward Diversity, but Gender Imbalance Remains
Although the Undergraduate Council has more black members this year than last, following the close of its general elections last Friday at noon, it still has notable gender gap, with women making up just 35 percent of its membership.

EVENTS

Jason Rosenfeld, NBA — The sports management professional in residence is meeting with students to help them learn how to succeed in the field from 1-4 p.m. Sign up through Crimson Careers.

Manuela Morelli, UN and WHO — The international relations professional in residence is hosting an info session at 4:30 p.m. about careers in the UN. Sign up through Crimson Careers.

Hillary vs. Bernie Student Debate — The Dems, Harvard for Hillary, and Harvard United for Bernie are co-hosting this student debate at 7:30 p.m. in Science Center A.

College Night at Queen’s Head — Jocelyn and Chris Arndt will be performing at the Queen’s Head at 9:30 p.m.

Flyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.