Expos, Gen Ed directors on Twitter

gened
gened

It turns out that Tom Jehn, the Expos program director, tweets under @trjehn. For someone whose job centers on clear and cogent writing, his tweets are a tad ironic:

poking a finger into my eye 6:50 AM Jun 11th from web

poking a finger into my other eye 7:03 AM Jun 11th from web

More tweets after the jump.

He also uses Twitter to set good examples for us youngsters:

So hard to tweet and drive 7:04 PM Jun 23rd from txt

And, of course, to rant about his job:

Beginning to look for another job since my employer will probably downsize me in a year.9:57 AM Jul 9th from txt

The Lord is going to use Sunday to search for administrative inefficiencies.6:57 PM Jun 23rd from txt

..uh, such as your Twitter account?

There’s also Stephanie Kenen, the administrative director of Gen Ed, or as she writes in her bio, an “ overeducated bureaucrat.”

I have apparently become the resident evil bitch-dean from hell. Everyone’s afraid of me. I’m not that mean, am I? 8:30 PM Jul 22nd from web

Then again, maybe I should milk it for all it’s worth. I hate people anyway, so maybe it’s good that they all fear me! 8:31 PM Jul 22nd from web

on my way to first personal training session. what the hell am i getting myself into? the hot pink dress perhaps?4:02 PM Jul 6th from web

maybe i should create my own fan page on facebook. wonder how many loonies i’d attract 8:55 PM Jun 16th from web

No worries, Steph. If your Fan Page ends up anything like your Twitter account, with a grand total of 11 followers, we think you’re safe.

Following in the footsteps of HUDS, Gen Ed also set up its own Twitter account! We might add that it has nine followers, which is probably the sum total of everyone at Harvard who knows what the hell is going on with the program.

True to the Gen Ed mission, its tweets are informative, engaging, and substantive:

Welcome to the official Twitter feed for the Program in Gen Ed! Stay updated on what’s happening, ask us questions, get answers & much more! 5:22 PM Jul 29th from web

We moved into our new offices! Come check us out in Holyoke Center! 9:37 AM Aug 12th from web

Also, check out our newly designed site http://www.generaleducation...

EDIT 9/2/2009: So, it looks like Tom Jehn and Stephanie Kenen deleted their Twitters. Guess they learned the hard way to be careful what they say...

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.