Harvard Today: February 10, 2015

•

Are you kidding me?! Two snow days in a ROW? Take the time out of your wide open schedules to thank the weather gods for giving us an unexpected four-day weekend to prep us for our upcoming three-day weekend! At this point, the university might as well just shut down the school and let the students frolick, have snowball fights, sled down Widener Steps, and build snowmen to their heart’s content. Do you even remember where you put your homework, or have you just been using your hundred-dollar textbooks as rudimentary sleds? Good thing we didn’t come to college to learn!

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Today there might be some snow floating around, although the bulk of it will probably be on the streets, preventing you from getting to your classes -- an absolute tragedy. And with highs of 32 degrees and lows of 16 degrees, the cold is not so crippling that you can’t spend an hour or two frolicking in the snow!

IN THE D-HALL

Lunch

Fried Chicken Drumsticks

Grape and Mozzarella Pizza

Seitan Tostadas

Dinner

Hoisin Glazed Salmon

Multigrain Rotini Primavera with Kidney Beans

Toasted Farro and Barley

ON FLYBY

1) Bean Boots Blues: Flyby is disappointed in all of you. Get a little more creative with your choice of winter footwear, please.

2) What You Actually Learn at Harvard: Spoiler alert -- it doesn’t include anything you “learn” in your classes.

IN THE NEWS

1) MBTA Rail Services Suspended for Tuesday: “In the face of yet another New England snowstorm, the MBTA suspended all rail services at 7 p.m. Monday, and they will remain closed Tuesday.”

2) Attendance Doubles in ‘WECode’ Second Year: “Students from over 40 schools across the country gathered at Maxwell Dworkin and Northwest Labs this past weekend to listen to female professionals and attend workshops by technology companies such as Google and Microsoft at the second annual WECode conference.”  

3) SEAS Refines Plans for Move to Allston: “Administrators and planning committees at the Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences are continuing to outline broad goals for the eventual relocation of their school to Allston, determined to make a campus that attracts students from across the University, according to interim SEAS Dean Harry R. Lewis ’68.”

EVENTS

The Harvard Political Union is hosting a debate between Conservative and Libertarian members of the Harvard Republican Club to discuss the GOP's future at 7 PM in Science Center D.

Starting today and continuing for the next 3 days is the Harvard February Blood Drive. Sign up to donate blood, and/or sign up to volunteer at the drive at Northwest Labs!

Many other events that were scheduled for today, such as the OCS Design Pathways event, have been cancelled or postponed! Enjoy your snow day!

Harvard TodaySNOWDAY

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.