Harvard Today: December 14, 2015

Shoppers at the 30th annual Harvard Square Holiday Fair browse the many vendors around square this weekend. Local and global vendors sold a wide range of crafts, including jewelry and artwork.
Shoppers at the 30th annual Harvard Square Holiday Fair browse the many vendors around square this weekend. Local and global vendors sold a wide range of crafts, including jewelry and artwork. By Isabella S. Beroutsos

On this day in 1946, the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish their headquarters in New York City.

IN THE DHALL

Lunch:

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sub
Tomato Beef Macaroni
Pepper, Tomato, Black Bean, and Monterey Jack Quesadillas

Dinner:

Beef Stew
Roast Turkey Breast
Ultra Grain Penne with Wild Mushroom Ragout

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Today is going to be in the mid 50s and cloudy. There’s a slight chance of rain during the day.

IN THE NEWS

House Life Survey Part II: Advising and Facilities
Results of a recent Crimson survey indicate that most students are generally satisfied with House resources, although they may not be involved with their residences day-to-day.

Going the Extra Mile: Students Trek to MIT for Alternative Courses
With all the resources available to Harvard students, it can be easy to forget that Harvard is not the only world-class institution in Cambridge. Just a mile down Massachusetts Avenue, or two stops down the Red Line, is MIT, home to some of the world’s most renowned faculty, cutting-edge facilities, and groundbreaking research.

Harvard Will Submit Comments on Changes to Research Approval Process
After the federal government proposed the first major changes in two decades to regulations on the conduct of human experiments, Harvard will formally submit comments based on input from professors and administrators.

Report Assesses Cambridge’s Climate Change Vulnerability
By 2030, Cambridge could experience triple the number of days each year with temperatures above 90 degrees because of the effects from climate change, according to a recent city report.

EVENTS

Art Study Center Open Hours — Drop by the Art Museums between 1 and 4 p.m. to request to see works not currently on display.

The Immortal Story and La ricotta — The Film Archive will be screening these films at 7 p.m.

Flyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.