HUPD Crime Log: 3/31-4/7

•
By Jennifer Y Yao

March 31, 2016

Officers dispatched to a report of an individual on a bicycle looking into several motor vehicles. Officers arrived and report individual gone on arrival.
Just looking at how the other half lives.

April 1, 2016
Officer dispatched to take a report of two stolen social security cards, an Amtrak rewards card, and personal papers from an individual's mailbox.
“Damn, they took both of my social security cards! I guess this means no more secret identity”

April 1, 2016
Officers dispatched to a report of an individual inside a secured and restricted access only area. Officers arrived and located an individual sitting in a computer chair with all the lights off. Officers proceeded to conduct a field interview on the individual. The individual was run for wants/warrants with negative results. The individual was then placed under arrest for Breaking and Entering as well as Trespassing. The individual was also given a verbal trespass warning for all Harvard University property.
“Welcome to my Meditation Sanctuary. May you all find your inner computer”

April 2, 2016
Officer dispatched to a report of a syringe in the area. Officer arrived and report collected syringe and disposed of properly.
Just another Chem Lab gone awry.

April 4, 2016
Officer dispatched to a report of a hazardous condition. Officer arrived and report a hydraulic line that let go from a Cambridge Landscaping salt spreader. Members of Cambridge Landscaping arrived and were applying speedy dry to the affected area. Officer stayed on scene and directed traffic until spill was contained and cleaned up.
Someone’s salty.

April 4, 2016
Officers dispatched to monitor a demonstration. Event was ended early due to a disruptive audience.
Tough crowd, huh.

April 5, 2016
Officer dispatched to take a report of property damage to two stairwell doors.
Time to take the elevator.

April 5, 2016
Officer dispatched to take a report of a past forcible breaking and entering into a maintenance room. A white Cannondale bicycle valued at $1,000.00 was reported stolen.
Came in looking for a broom, left with a bicycle.

April 6, 2016
Officers dispatched to assist with locating a previous lost iPhone that was pinging in the area. Officers arrived and report issue was being handled administratively.
Who needs Find My iPhone when you have HUPD?

Check back next Friday for our next installment of HUPD Crime Log!

HUPDFlyby BlogFlyby Front

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.