Even Spider-Man Needs Harvard Business School

Dean Nitin Nohria teaches administration to Harvard Business School students—and also fashion basics for superheroes.
Dean Nitin Nohria teaches administration to Harvard Business School students—and also fashion basics for superheroes. By Madeline R. Lear

There’s a familiar face in the latest Marvel action movie, “Spider-Man: Homecoming.”

It’s Harvard Business School’s dean of seven years: Nitin Nohria.

In the movie, Peter Parker (a.k.a. Spider-Man), played by Tom Holland, is getting ready for his homecoming dance. He watches an instructional video on how to tie a tie and—lo and behold—it is Nitin Nohria who teaches the superhero to tie a Windsor knot. Nohria’s official title in the movie is “Dean Crimson.”

“Spider-Man: Homecoming” has grossed $459 million worldwide since its release and made $117 million just on the opening weekend. Though the movie has received high praise from viewers—garnering a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes—critics have given it mixed reviews ranging from “captivating” to “disheartening”.

“Spider-Man: Homecoming” came out on July 7 and is still playing in theaters around the greater Boston area. Nohria’s cameo is towards the end, and while his appearance may be short, what’s a superhero if they can’t untie their Windsor knot dramatically?

Flyby BlogFlyby Front

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.