Brawl for Bragging Rights

•

It's not every day that a Harvard student gets into a brawl. However, the Harvard College Interactive Media Group wants to change that for a day.   On April 24, they are holding a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament from 4 p.m. till 7 p.m. in the small dining room in Mather.

The event is open to all Harvard and MIT students, and the tournament includes a "brawl" bracket as well as an optional "melee" version. As an added bonus, food will be provided to all the participants.

"There are a lot of people on campus who play video games," said Benjamin A. Cohen '13, one of the event organizers, "but usually they can't find the other people on campus who play the same video games or have a system."

The tournament is double elimination, and each player should be aware of all of the rules in order to avoid disqualification for unsportsmanlike conduct or other infractions.

HCIMG has also developed a list of a ways to choose the stages to make it as fair as possible for the players, as well as making character selection private.  An entire list of rules for the tournament is available on their website.

So, in order to get those virtual bragging rights, be sure to prepare sufficiently and make the right moves. Playing with Kirby instead of Bowser could make all the difference.

Student GroupsMatherTechnology

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.