Overheard: CS50 Office Hours
Heart-wrenchingly difficult CS50 had office hours recently for the last p-set of the semester in Annenberg. Flyby decided to do some eavesdropping to document the mayhem that went on before p-sets were due the next day at noon. Here's the best of what we heard.
1. “Don’t go in there, I saw a rat!”
Worrisome that this was said in Annenberg.
2. “Is it a bad idea to implement the teleport?”
Another student: “Don’t do teleport! Don’t do it!”
Trust the girl who tried to implement a teleport function for seven hours.
3. “That is a fire hazard.”
Perceptively stated by a student as someone trips over a MacBook charger.
4. “Very close, very close, burning up!!”
TF clueing in someone to the right code.
5. “This. Is. Beautiful.”
As a student looks at their own code. You go, Glen Coco.
6. “Come on guys: DISPLAY YOUR SHUTTLE!”
Screamed by a TF standing on table, to a crowd of students.
7. “I’m so outside the loop.”
Get it? Loop? CS50 coding loop? Punny.
8. “So there’s no hash-tagging?”
The only time when hashtags need to be executed thoughtfully.
9. “Last office hours? So sad…”
The students hug. Emotions are running high.