Harvard Today: Sept. 10, 2013

•
Harvard Today
Harvard Today

Study card day is upon us, and it's pretty much a measure of how on top of our lives we are. Get it handed in, avoid the obnoxious fine, and then voilĂ ! School is officially in session. It might even be time to start actually doing the reading (just kidding!).

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

With a high of 78, this might be one of the last warm days of the year, but don't get too excited—it's going to be windy and cloudy as well. Welcome to Boston.

IN THE D-HALLS

On the Lunch Menu:
Popcorn Chicken
Sausage Pizza
Margarita Pizza

On the Dinner Menu:
Normandy Style Pork Loin
Swai with Honey Ginger Glaze
Portobello Mushroom with Quinoa Stuffing

ON CAMPUS

A lot's going on today! And by a lot, we mean free food.

College Deadline:
Study Cards are due by 5 p.m. to your houses (or to University Hall for freshmen).

Bee Day
No, not the final club. Like actual bees. In the plaza. With an inflatable beehive. From 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. there will be organic honey tastings in the Science Center Plaza at the weekly farmer's market, followed by a film screening of "More than Honey" at 7 p.m. in Science Center C.

Faust Speaks
Opening of the Year Event, 4 p.m., Sanders Theater. President Faust will deliver a State of the University, followed by a Q&A, followed by live performances and food samples in the plaza. We're really getting a use out of that space.

Lepore Speaks
If you're bummed or otherwise uninspired after Faust's public address, consider heading to the Knafel Center (formerly known as Radcliffe Gymnasium) to hear Jill Lepore discuss Benjamin Franklin's sister Jane Franklin, the subject of her forthcoming Book of Ages: The Life and Opinions of Jane Franklin. 5 p.m.

OCS Event
Postgraduate Fellowships in the U.K., 4 p.m. - 5 p.m., Harvard Hall 102.

IN THE SQUARE:

Free Cookies at Insomnia
Even amidst employee protests, Insomnia Cookies is in full cookie-delivering swing. The store is offering three free chocolate chunk cookies with all online orders. This only works when you order for delivery, not in-store pick-up. Split the cost of an order with your linkmates and enjoy the free extras.

On CampusAcademicsDrew FaustUniversityUniversity NewsFlyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.