How to be Harvard for Halloween

•
By Flyby Blog

What better way is there to show your school spirit (and to reiterate to your Facebook friends where you go to school) than by donning a Harvard-themed costume for Halloween? Here are some ideas to help you prepare for any parties you may be attending, whether or not the occasion warrants themed attire.

John Harvard
The most iconic Harvard costume there is. Just be careful that no one mistakes you for the actual statue, and just in case, wear waterproof shoes. What you’ll need—all black, a golden shoe, a stoic face.

Greg Mankiw
While very notable, he may be hard for people to recognize since no one has seen him long enough to remember what he looks like. What you’ll need—just send your friends to parties as “guest lecturers” instead of going.

Lamonster
A common sight on campus and perfect for a low effort costume. What you’ll need—sweatpants, bags under your eyes, and a general air of hopelessness, but that could just be your smell from not showering for 36 hours.

Generic Final Club Guy
The next best thing after actually getting punched for a club. What you’ll need—A buttondown, Nantucket Reds, Topsiders, and a false sense of superiority.

Your Midterm Grades
This is a particularly scary one. Or never mind...maybe it’s too soon.

Sexy Securitas
Those handcuffs don’t have to be for arrests.

Bonus: Couple Costume: Jenny Cavalleri and Oliver Barrett IV
If you and your significant other want to be in theme and have a penchant for dressing like you’re from the 1970s, this may be the perfect costume for you. Good luck you two! Remember, "Love means never having to say you're sorry."

harvard problemsstreet stylegreat expectations

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.