Drinks That Will Knock You Off That Tightrope: How to Pregame Janelle Monáe

“When you get elevated, / They love it or they hate it / You dance up on them haters / Keep getting funky on the scene” are Janelle Monáe lyrics that you’ll certainly hear more than once the day of Yardfest. To provide you with the tools to tip the tightrope, here are some drink recommendations to get you through your Yardfest pre-game:

The Classy Affair

Required: André and Orange Juice (or any other type of fruit juice).

Starting that Sunday morning off right may be a struggle. To wake up, mix some André and orange juice in your tumbler, which is totally meant to be for iced coffee, and get rowdy. It may not be a mimosa worthy of The Charles Hotel, but you’ll feel hella classy getting tipsy off champagne on an empty stomach.

The Mixologist

Required: Rubinoff, Cranberry Juice, and Sprite

Everyone has that friend that claims to be an amateur mixologist. Yardfest is a prime time for them to show their skills. When carefully combined, the sprite and cranberry juice completely (or mostly) eliminate the disgusting taste of Rubinoff. Pour it all in a water bottle and take it to go so you can enjoy Janelle while getting your drank on.

The Morning Adjustment

Required: Coffee, Whiskey, Sugar, and Cream.

Some of us need to start off a Sunday with caffeine. And no, a traditional alcoholic drink is not a valid substitute. Introducing: Irish Coffee. Brew your black coffee as normal, but leave a little extra room in your mug – for the whiskey and sugar you will mix in, and a layer of liquid cream poured on top. Enjoy this two-for-one drink while it’s hot!

Be safe, and drink up!

Want more? Like Flyby on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @crimsonflyby!

YardfestFlyby Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.