HUPD Police Log 9/1 - 9/21: The Rogue Violinist

•
By Lauren G. Volpert

HUPD has had their hands full with us Harvard students over the past few weeks. Between unwanted guests and emails, unsavory smells, and suspicious writing, it seems that a lot's been going on around campus. As part of our Securitas Series, we've combed through recent HUPD logs and published some of the more colorful entries below.

September 2, 2014
Officer dispatched to take a report of an individual who had received an annoying email.
I’m so over house listservs, too.

September 5, 2014
Officers dispatched to a report of an unwanted guest in the cafeteria. Officers arrived and report individual was a student and was authorized to be in the area.
How many days can you not shower before someone calls HUPD on you?

September 6, 2014
Officer dispatched to the smell of marijuana. Officer arrived and confirm the report smell of marijuana but could not determine the direct source.
Sniff, sniff, pass.

September 9, 2014
Officer dispatched to take a report of a stolen Calvin Klein messenger bag valued at $80.00 containing an Apple Macbook Air laptop valued at $500, a Nexus tablet valued at $300.00, a Kindle valued at $150.00, a Blackberry phone valued at $300.00, a pair of Prada glasses valued at $400.00, and various personal papers and identification cards.
Oh you fancy.

September 10, 2014
Officer dispatched on the report of an individual singing loudly outside of the building. The officer arrived and report the singer was gone on arrival.
Buddy the Elf?!

September 11, 2014
Officers dispatched on the report of an individual playing the violin. Officers were unable to locate the violin player.
Someone can’t Handel the Strauss.

September 12, 2014
Officer dispatched to take a report of a stolen refrigerator valued at $100.00.
Gotta chill that Natty Light.

September 15, 2014
Officers dispatched to a report of two individuals in the bathroom for a very long time. Officers arrived and report individuals were walking out of the building as they arrived.
#basicbetches

September 16, 2014
Officer dispatched to a take a report of suspicious writing on a dry erase board.
The Lamonster of academic years past.

September 21, 2014
Officers dispatched to a report of individuals on bicycles jumping off the walls. Officers arrived and report individuals gone on arrival.
Bike parkour bandits.

CrimeHUPDFlyby Front FeatureWTFshenanigans

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.