Get the coffeecoffeecoffee– Flyby on Gilmore Girls Coming Back

By Wikimedia Commons

Two weeks ago Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and CNN (probably; this is pretty newsworthy) exploded with the news that after seven years Gilmore Girls will indeed reprise at some point soon.The “it’s-a-lifestyle-it’s-a-religion” show that charmed the hearts of mothers and daughters--and secretly the men in their lives--on the CW from 2000-2007 will return as a mini series on Netflix. Despite all the hype, Gilmore Girls’ return remains unconfirmed by Netflix.

The Prodigal Girls (are these Gilmorisms too obscure?) are rumored to return for a four-episode miniseries, which will include the famously concealed final four words of the show. According to TVLine, the show’s creator, Amy Sherman-Palladino, will return to write while the show’s stars Emily Bishop, Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, and Scott Patterson are likely to participate.

This announcement has inspired tears, excitement, and renewed debates over who Rory should have ended up with (official Flyby stance: Dean is irrelevant) and whether or not she is the new White House correspondent.

I don’t know whether the renewal will be worth the hype, but we hope so. After all, every college kid needs something to turn to when “people are being particularly stupid...and you cannot talk to any more of them.” In the meantime, and forever, if you’re looking for me or you haven’t seen the show, I’m on Season 5, Episode 15 for the fourth time. Play me out troubadour.

Even if you’ve never seen the show, the Girls can get you through the day (they’re generous like that):

If you wake up before 9:00 a.m.
"Hate early. Must kill early...I need coffee.” (Lorelai Gilmore, “Written in the Stars”)

If you need inspiration or motivation for adventure (disclaimer: this may not help with your p-set)
“It’s your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without ever really living for a minute. You climb up here with me it’s one less minute you haven’t lived.” (Logan, “You Jump, I Jump, Jack”).

To validate your confusing subconscious while daydreaming in lecture
“Because my brain is a wild jungle full of scary gibberish. “I’m writing a letter, I can’t write a letter, why can’t I write a letter? I’m wearing a green dress, I wish I was wearing my blue dress, my blue dress is at the cleaners. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue, ‘Casablanca’ is such a good movie. Casablanca, the White House, Bush. Why don’t I drive a hybrid car? I should really drive a hybrid car. I should really take my bicycle to work. Bicycle, unicycle, unitard. Hockey puck, rattlesnake, monkey, monkey, underpants!” (Lorelai, “Santa’s Secret Stuff”)

If you need a pick-up line for the cute person in section
“This thing we’re doing here, me, you, I just want you to know that I’m in. I am all in.” (Luke Danes, “Written in the Stars”)

For trying to imagine that your unusual sleep schedule will one day be worth it
“I’m going to Europe and I’m going to have a marvelous time! I’m going to get up at 10 and have two glasses of wine at lunch every single day.” (Emily Gilmore, “Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller”)

Flyby Blogyes please

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.