Get Spooky With Flyby's Halloween Playlist

•
Is that just the wind in the trees, or the ghosts of Harvard howling outside your window? ...Maybe you're better off not knowing.
Is that just the wind in the trees, or the ghosts of Harvard howling outside your window? ...Maybe you're better off not knowing. By Stuti R. Telidevara

Halloween is coming up, and you know what that means for college campuses…barely-there costumes and dubious party themes. Whether you’re gearing up for your second round of Halloweekend parties, or you’re just hoping to have a chill scary movie night in with friends, your evening will benefit from this spooky soundtrack.

Thriller // Michael Jackson

Objectively the best and only acceptable Halloween party playlist opener; this track is gonna start your party off right by getting everyone out onto the dance floor. Get ready to bust out your Michael Jackson moves and rewind to the 80’s with this horror bop.

Monster Mash // Bobby Boris Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers

No Halloween playlist is ever truly complete without the beloved “Monster Mash.” A light-hearted break amidst some of the playlist’s darker tunes, this classic is sure to get everyone going, doo-wop disco style.

The Twilight Zone // Jerry Goldsmith

Despite only being a 58-second instrumental, this throwback is sure to elicit some unnerving memories for anyone who has ever seen the classic 60’s horror science-fiction show. Even if you’re not familiar with the show, this theme song will add some fright to your night.

She Wolf // Shakira

What playlist doesn’t sound better with Shakira? Add some sexy to your Halloween tunes with this evergreen hit by the Colombian singer. (For some diversity, try “Loba,” the Spanish version.)

Disturbia // Rihanna

Honestly, we shouldn’t have to explain why you’d want this on a spooky playlist. In fact, if “Disturbia” played at every single Harvard party we went to, we might actually have fulfilling social lives. Creepy and wildly danceable, this bop will have you singing along with Ri-Ri like it’s 2008 again. Wow, we’re old.

Vertigo // Mini Mansions ft. Alex Turner

Although maybe not the most classic Halloween jam, one listen will send shivers down your spine. The chord progression accompanied by Alex Turner’s chilling voice produces a very 60’s Hitchcock vibe. The only thing spookier than this song is its music video.

Like what you hear? Follow our Spotify account, where you’ll find all our playlists. Don’t like it? Tell us about it. Shoot a message to flyby@thecrimson.com, especially if you have ideas for more songs we can include.

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby CultureFlyby Front Feature

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.