The Game 2018: A Harvard-Yale Playlist

•
By Lydia L. Cawley

Last time The Game was at Harvard, this Flyby writer can remember hearing “Closer” by The Chainsmokers a solid 10 times over the course of the weekend. What we’re not going to do this year is have boring party playlists, thanks. We put together some of our favorite gameday jams to get you foot-tapping your way to Saturday.

I Like It // Cardi B, Bad Bunny, J Balvin

Honestly, if this song doesn’t play once at a party, it’s not a freaking party. There, we said it. “I Like It” is infinitely danceable, so turn this on if you want your pregame to go from 0 — people standing around and talking — to 100 — everyone jumping and singing, “Oh, he’s so handsome, what’s his name?”

High Hopes // Panic! At The Disco

We’re big fans of Pray For The Wicked, the most recent Panic! album. This song is in case you and your friends aren’t as into rap or trap. And who amongst us doesn’t have high hopes for the football team this year? Harvard beat Columbia… Yale lost to Columbia… you do the math. That’s totally how sports works.

DONTTRUSTME // 3OH!3

It’s always a good idea to toss a ‘00s throwback in your playlists so we can all relive the time we were...preteens. Honestly, though, this electro bop has surprising staying power. If you don’t believe us, put it on at a party and see how many people yell the “I’m a vegetarian” line.

All Star // Smash Mouth

This doesn’t need an explanation, does it? “All Star” is the vibe you hope you and your team will bring to the afterparty. And even if Harvard doesn’t come out on top, the song slaps, and everyone will thank you for playing it. So, really, either way you win.

Like what you hear? Follow our Spotify account, where you’ll find all our playlists. Don’t like it? Tell us about it. Shoot a message to flyby@thecrimson.com, especially if you have ideas for more songs we can include.

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby CultureFlyby ArtsFlyby Front

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.