HUNDREDS OF MEN CHEER DEAN POUND

Says Dean "Is Making Choice Between Scholarship and Administration" and Profession Needs Such a Scholar

Approximately 500 law students gathered at the north end of Langdell Hall yesterday, at about, 1 o'clock to cheer Dean Pound, who expects to announce his decision today concerning the offer of the presidency of the University of Wisconsin made to him recently.

Arrangements for the rally were complete, from the quiet announcing of the gathering in the class rooms to a fictitions appointment with Dean Pound for 1.15 to make sure of his presence in his office when the law students gathered.

Rally Commences Promptly

The rally got under way promptly, the men collecting about the north end of Langdell Hall beneath Dean Pound's window, which was shortly opened. The program was short and to the point. George R. Nutter '85, of Dunbar, Nutter, and McGlennon, attorneys at law, and president of the Boston Bar Association, made a short address summarizing the reason why Harvard men hoped that Dean Pound would retain the leadership of the University Law School. He said: "Dean Pound is making a choice between scholarship and administration and the profession of law needs a scholar today more than ever before. He has had unusual success in carrying on the work of C. C. Langdell '50 and A. A. Ames '68, former deans of the Law School. He typities the best in studying and teaching."

Professor J. H. Beale '82 of the Law School faculty next appeared and made a very short spirited talk. The rally concluded with a long Harvard cheer with nine Pounds on the end led by J. H. Collins 3L.

Dean Pound has made no comment upon his offer from Wisconsin or upon the rally. He did not appear at the window and in a telephone message a few hours after the rally he only stated that he would probably make his decision today.