TENNIS HAS MOST CHARMS OF SPRING SPORTS FOR '29

116 Men Fill Courts--156 Row While 130 Take Track--Hiking Equipment Proves Satisfactory

According to statistics made public at the Wadsworth House yesterday in regard to the Freshman spring sports, tennis attracts more first year men than any other form of athletic activity. Thirty-three men are on the regular Freshman squad, and 183 more are playing for recreation.

Crew and track with 156 and 130 followers respectively have proved to be the next most popular sports.

Enrollment Resembles Last Year's

The largest enrollments differ very little from last spring when tennis was again in the lead, with a somewhat larger number out for crew.

The number of Freshmen who are engaged in other sports is as follows: singles, 94; baseball, 68; swimming, 84; equitation, 29; lacrosse, 18; handball, 16; fencing, 15; spring football, 14; Gym, 6; soccer, 5; and specials, 13.

Hiking Proves Popular

A new feature of the Freshman athletic curricula this year is hiking. This form of exercise has attracted '16 men, who have pledged themselves to take five mile walks twice every week, and then a ten mile walk at the end of the week.

The plan of offering hiking as one of the regular forms of exercise was suggested by Dr. Alfred Worcester '78, last fall, and since its adoption late in November has proved a successful experiment.