VARSITY JOURNEYS TO PROVIDENCE TOMORROW

CRIMSON PITCHER UNDECIDED AT PRESENT

When the Varsity travels down to Providence tomorrow it will have a chance to avenge the 7-2 pasting that the Brown baseball team handed it a week ago at Soldiers Field. On that occasion the Bruins bumped Fred Allan out of the box in six innings and allowed the Mitchellmen only three hits.

Whether or not Allan will start again is known only to Fred Mitchell. Both Loughlin and Braggiotti are on the books as possible starters, and since this is not a League game it would be a good chance to give Drib Braggiotti are on the books as possible starters, and since this is not a League game it would be a good chance to give Drib Braggiotti some experience under fire. With Loughlin, Allan, and Lincoln all graduating this spring, Braggiotti stands liable to a lot of work in 1935, and a tryout against a Grade A ball club like Brown would be a pretty thorough test.

Another place that hasn't been decided on yet is second base. Whenever Ben Prouty's injury allows him to play again, he will probably get a permanent job at second. But in the meantime, with Prouty still out, it's likely to be either Ken Hayes or Johnny Fitzpatrick. Hayes was in the Alumni game on Saturday and did a pretty good job, but Fitzpatrick has had more experience this season.