THE MAGENTA.

WE are unwilling to present this, the last number of the first volume of the Magenta, to our readers unaccompanied by our hearty thanks for their support, so quickly rendered at first, and so steadfastly maintained. By their approval the financial position of the paper has been rendered satisfactory for this year, with a bright future in prospect. From this fact we are tempted to believe that we have succeeded, to a degree, in carrying out the plan for the paper's conduct laid down in the first number. Our contributors, although few in number as compared with the men in college who can and ought to write, have been extremely obliging and constant. We hope that more men will write for us next year. In regard to news, we have often found it a difficult task to give a sufficient amount of interesting matter without descending to gossip and personalities, which we know our readers do not wish in a college paper, and which we ourselves are loath to introduce. Our desire to establish friendly relations with our sister paper has been met in so courteous a manner by the Editors of the Advocate that we feel sure that the present state of feeling will long continue. Should any change of policy, in this regard, be effected at some future time, both journals will surely feel the contempt of the whole college world. Once more thanking our readers, we wish them a most pleasant vacation.