SUMMING UP.

A FEW words as we close another College year. No matter how little any of us think of the past eight months, we all feel how little has been accomplished of what, according to our plans and wishes, was to be done. How many pleasant fellows there are that we intended to see a good deal of, that we have met but once or twice; how many books, which we have been told we must read, have laid collecting dust on our tables and fines in the library,-if we have even gone so far as to take them out; how many articles that were to have appeared in Advocate or Magenta have never even seen the light of our own rooms! So it is; but let us not despair, even though a condition in Physics is the price of our neglect, for have we not all gained something more, perhaps something better, though we are conscious of it only when the remembrance of some mood or some train of thought of a year ago contrasts it with our present position? If we have not gained much positive knowledge, we have at least got a broader and deeper view of the world without us and within us.