The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

Today is the one hundred and fifty eighth anniversary of the birth of George Washington-Father of his Country. All through the land there will be a holiday today, instituted by the legislature of the United States. It is right and fitting that this should be so. And yet we students of Harvard University, who are being educated here right beside the very tree under which Washington first took command of the armies fighting for "Liberty or Death," are not allowed a holiday on the anniversary of his birth. Was it not within a few miles of this town that the first shots were fired which meant that the colonies of America were to be free and independent? Are we not within sight of the monument erected over the spot where brave men fought and fell at Bunker Hill? If this is Harvard conservatism, fit upon it! Where, we ask, is Harvard patriotism? For a lack of the sentiment of patriotism in the authorities of a college situated in New Mexico there might be some excuse; for a lack of such sentiment in a college situated in the very heart of the first stirring scenes of the Revolution there is no excuse.